• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Don't Throw Your Rod

Pallansch

I would bet he got a new one for free - advertising. I suppose thats why these rods are so expensive. HMMM wonder if I get mad and break my gear I could get free stuff too?

I can guarantee you that he didn't get one for free. As for being expensive, you get what you pay for. If you have never used a custom rod, you are missing out and often times missing fish. I'm not saying mass produced rods won't put fish on the ice, but with the Precision Noodle for TUC, you are seeing bites that most aren't. The sensitivity in the tip will detect the lightest bites and the backbone of these rods is second to none.

To make a statement as to imply Pro Staff members are what drive the cost of equipment up is simply naive and inaccurate! In most cases, it is the opposite. Promoting of products allows for companies to generate more business and often put these products in the hands of consumers at a reasonable price that reflects quality.

I wanted a custom rod. Couldn't afford it. Thought I would save and order one next year. I picked up a 13 Fishing Wicked Ice rod and boy was I surprised at how sensitive it was compared to other rods I have in the same weight class(ML vs ML). I was sold. I have been catching super light biting pannies without trouble and without electronics some of the time. You don't need a fancy custom rod to put fish on the ice. It is confidence that puts the fish on the ice.

Yes, without a doubt any rod will be able to catch a fish. Some of the mass produced rods available on today's market are nice and will get the job done. I have some mass produced rods in the case because I like the feel of them. But with what you get from a custom rod is of unmatched quality. I now have 3 TUC rods and I absolutely love them. From the cork handle to the guides to the rod blank, everything about them are of high quality. You get what you pay for. Once you go custom, it's hard to stop. You don't have to purchase a custom rod with the high end guides and cork. You can settle for guides that won't break the budget but will still be very nice compared to what you will be able to get from a mass produced rod. I look at our rods as women's shoes. Why not have a pile of rods for every situation while they have a pile of shoes for every outfit?! whistle: