• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tendonitis

EBass

Graf, you are correct, there is no such thing as a cure all. Bone spurs/impingements suck. The ARP is a hands on approach that you should look into more if you are an ART guy you would love it. It will also boost you patient load and retention and allow you to bill insurance for 20 sessions.

I have an office share and we had ARP in the office for a few months. We don't have it anymore. I was underwhelmed.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pierbridge, what kind of arch supports did you get?

I got mine custom made by good feet that are fitted to your feet through a mold. It really makes a huge difference versus some store bought ones.

As of now I'm using the store bought ones because of price. But yeah I know I should be using the molded version and probably will start looking into that here soon. Thanks for the tip on the good feet brand.

I agree. I find it amusing that people sincerely believe the medical field wants to find a cure for cancer etc....Can you imagine the devistating effect that one cure would have on not only the healthcare industry but on the economy overall? What would happen to all the mutli million dollar complexes that have been built around the world? What a joke.

Also agree with the negativity. We all have different opinions on matters no need for name calling folks. I am sure most of you will think I am nuts for believing the medical field doesn't truthfully want to cure diseases that bring them billions of dollars but thats my opinion.

Absolute hogwash.

If you feel so strongly about it why not elaborate with some sort of constructive post?

I'm not saying I even disagree with you but what does your first post really add?

For you NFF,

The medical world hopes for a cure for all acute and chronic diseases. To even hint that health care providers wish these disease processes on others is .....Hogwash.

What else would you call it? The basis of those comments are so far out there that hogwash describes them perfectly.

It may be "so far out there" to you, but certainly not to everyone. I see peoples faith and trust in large billion dollar industries as rather sad personally. To even hint that any of todays massive money driven machines have everyones best interests at heart is rather comical.

"The medical world hopes for a cure for all acute and chronic diseases". Lol of course thats what the giant pharamaceutical companies want, someone would be crazy to think otherwise. Get in line with the rest of the sheep River. The government and large corporate banks all have your best interests in mind too right along with the car salesman in town.

P.S All the people who have left the big Pharma companies and cancer institutions because they were appalled by the things they were witnessing and were apart of are simply full of "hogwash" too. But I am sure you know much more than they do.

Back to tendonitis.....

P.S All the people who have left the big Pharma companies and cancer institutions because they were appalled by the things they were witnessing and were apart of are simply full of "hogwash" too. But I am sure you know much more than they do.

Back to tendonitis.....

And I am sure you know much more than all the physicians, scientists, ACS, "Big" pharma companies who are working and fighting for a cure/treatment for cancer.

Now back to tendonitis so the "Big" pharma companies can make money on helping people treat their conditions.

Agree to disagree my friend. Hey if you have some good tips for Nelson Lake by Hayward pm me.....

As for tendonitis, for those of you who have this are there warning signs to watch for at the beginning stage or does it just flare up quickly? Any ways to prevent it from occuring?

For my shoulder its always an over use issue. If I'm doing any repetitive, especially over my head like painting, tree trimming, etc I know i have to be careful. It usually starts with normal soreness like after a tough workout but it gets worse and more localized. Now I can recognize my limits easily enough. Once my shoulder gets fatigued a little I know its time to slow down or stop completely. Fatigue leads to soreness and then a flare up.

I'm sure its different for every person and also for each area of the body but thats at least my experience.

NFF,

I agree with your above post. I will usually get "tennis" elbow or shoulder pain if I over do things that I don't usually do. Bow saw wood, trim trees, shovel a lot for the first time in the winter, etc...

After that fact when I am sore it is one of the moments were you look back and say "that was dumb" to do that.

For me it is usually acute pain, not something that builds up over time.

Ibuprofen and rest work for me.

Maybe had the wrong person utilizing it or were not well versed in the protocols. Its not something that can be used without knowledge or guidence. Movements done inappropriately will not provide results.

We had a rep from ARPwave performing the technique. I get that you think it is the end all be all and that is fantastic for you. My opinion is also valuable and it didn't help the bottom line enough to keep it around. It wasn't it's own draw for patients. It only takes a few lifelong patients losing $800 out of their pocket with minimal results to make us reevaluate our stance.

Can't recall if I had any real warning signs of on-coming tendonitis. Seems like it was precipitated by excessive forearm muscle usage. Especially strenuous forearm muscle strain, particularly while using something with high vibration. Weed wacker, chain saw, roto-tiller, etc.. all the stuff I probably use more than anything else... frown

I'd typically just have the "weekend warrior" muscle aches the day of use, and wake up the next day with deep muscle acute pain with strain in the elbow tendons.

Tried immediate icing, ibuprofen, heat, ice, stretching, blah, blah, blah...but the damage was done.

My docs and physical therapists always say the same thing, "Well you just can't do those things...using high vibration machines." Yea, right! crazy

I have a hobby farm in the country. We mow 9 acres, and maintain 2 huge truck gardens. We have family/fishing campfires all the time, summer and winter. Don't use high vibration machines??? Ummmm......So what you're saying is, don't use my hands/arms???? eek

On a positive note, I drilled around 20 holes thru 2 1/2 foot thick ice this weekend (40+ ft. of ice) with a 9-inch auger, and am not suffering any acute tendon pain today. On a pathetically sad note, we never caught a fish...not one.

Achilles tendonitis here, and I gotta say about the most painful thing I have ever dealt with. Been through PT and it really did help, now when it flares up it is all my own fault, as usually when I was wearing bad shoes/boots and not doing my stretching and normal "keep the leg strong" actions.

I CAN start to feel it flare up, and going back to my stretching that I should be doing all the time will usually keep it from coming back in full force. Two weekends ago I was ice fishing without my boots with the SuperFeet insoles, and it hit me. I walk like an old many who was bit by a dog now... Doing my stretches and trying to keep off it for now, and wearing shoes with the insoles all the time, and seems to be helping a bit.

Main thing, keeping my leg muslces strong and stretched, and wearing good insoles in EVERY shoe I have and I won't get a flareup. Wear bad boots/shoes and don't stretch, I will be in pain... doh!... cry

I have a few different sets of Super Feet insoles. I have a pair for just the heel and a pair of insoles that cover the entire foot with arch support.

I am going to go to the Good Feet store here soon and check them out. It sounds like I'm looking at $80 to $300 depending on for the Good Feet which are custom molded and from the sounds of it they work much better.