• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I've been wondering the same thing Joe. I have a place on the West side of the Flowage & have been itching to get over there (from St. Paul) unless it isn't worthwhile. Any reports on ice condition, crappies or other appreciated!! Snow cover - can a wheeler navigate without any issues?

Report from Jenk's on Jan 20th indicated Northern on West side weeds 4-8 ft, and panfish deeper in Moores, Nursery & Hay Creek.

I wrote that before I looked outside. We got another 5 or 6 inches last night which might make 4 wheelers a little tough unless you've got 4 wheel drive or chains. Still might be okay but snowmobile would probably be better right now. Suppose to hit 35 today so that will knock it down a little.

fished north east side in shallow bay. targeting crappie up shallow and tight to wood cover. did well, kept 2 dozen between 2 anglers. all fished cleaned were males in the 9 to 11 inch range.

was out on the mighty chip searching for ice out crappie. managed to keep 12 crappie from 9.5 to 11 inches under slip floats with minnows and on jig and minnow on drop. enjoy the peace and quiet this time of year. water levels still bout 5 feet low, many stumps and bars sticking out of water. landings are also hard to use. looking forward to the weekend again,

Opener round up. This will be the 3rd year in a row we will be traveling down to the Chip flow for opener. This year will the Governor will be there as well. We are going to try our best to avoid that crowd LOL... Sounds like the waters are low, so be careful where you travel. Also, I am sure the law that governs the waters will be out in full force so be responsible... Lastly.. Let em go let em grow! Last year we watched a boat keep a eye that was around 10lb. Pretty sure they ate it! yuk!!! Good luck and well see ya on the water.

Weather was outstanding for opener.

Took my Dad fishing on the Chip.

We did well. Kept a limit on Saturday (3 each) with crappies and northerns mixed in.

My bait all died on me Saturday night. Too warm I suspect.

We bought bait at a local Bp Sunday morning, and the bait way too large, in my opinion, for walleye fishing. A lot of hit and miss, but we managed 4 nice keepers.

Lot's of boat traffic..

First time out on the open water sinse last year. Was a nice day to be out. wink

Fished the Chip this weekend and found some success.  Lots of crappie action in select bay and bottle neck areas near warm water, timber and old cabbage.  Bobber and minnow was best, but anything was working.  We kept 10 smaller fish for the 3 of us and that was plenty of fish for us.  No need in keeping 25 fish (what a joke).  I wish the DNR would reduce the limit in WI!

Fished the chip last weekend.

Mostly in the area of CC bridge near "The landing".

Walleye bite was good, although had trouble catching fish within the slot.

Many fish 15" and smaller.

Targeted only walleye and was only out early 4-5 hrs each day ( Sat. and Sun. )

Water temp averaged 47 degrees.

?