• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

the right roof rack?

What are the roof racks called were they just attach to the door hinges? Im maybe getting a smaller car (toyota yaris) I already have a roof top carrier kit that has foam blocks and straps but I might opt to buy another yak for another person so now I would need to transport 2 kayaks or maybe get a 2 person canoe and the rack would make it all that much easier to get it strapped and ready to go.

another thing is would anybody like to trade a 2 person canoe for a brand new LIFETIME payette 9'8" sit in kayak? would like to be fishing with my gf or a buddy but still have portability when fishing alone

Before you buy anything you really need to check out Yakima Racks.....easy to find their site or maybe a local dealer. Best, top quality and have been around a long time. Great people to work with and ready to explain products and help you get what you want.

Awww the ol' foam blocks. The scratches are still on my car....

Yakimas are excellent racks, as are Thule. I ended up picking a Thule because you don't need a stretch kit with you're using cradles (square bars). It ended up less expensive to go that route.

When I do it again I'll be getting the Aero bars. Way quieter.