• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bite isn't that great...

DTro

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the DNR needs to issue us all log books just like the truck drivers have. There could be several columns for what time of day were you fishing/ what were you fishing for/ type of bait used/ who your friends were with you/ how many did you keep/ how many did you throw back/ length of ALL fish/ what type of vehicle you drove out with/ what time did you leave the lake/ what was the score of the game at 4:36/ and on and on and on.

Maybe the DNR needs to issue us all log books just like the truck drivers have. There could be several columns for what time of day were you fishing/ what were you fishing for/ type of bait used/ who your friends were with you/ how many did you keep/ how many did you throw back/ length of ALL fish/ what type of vehicle you drove out with/ what time did you leave the lake/ what was the score of the game at 4:36/ and on and on and on.

No need. Clearly everyone would rather tell a CO anything they want to hear at any time.

Don't give them any ideas. The LAST thing on earth that I want to turn my fishing day into is paper work at the office. That would probably put me over the edge. lol

I should never need paper/pens or a laptop to go fishing for a few hours. Plus, you know most pens don't work in the extreme cold anyway. ;-)

This thread actually was pretty interesting once I started thinking about some of James_R's points.

First, I should preface this by saying the law is the law and we all have to follow them as they are currently written. But laws can be changed. And (not to hijack the thread) is there a better way to control/measure the fish people actually take? Does the guy who fishes once or twice a year keeping everything take more each year than the guys who fish weekly and "selectively harvests"? I would be interested to see stats, but I would assume those of us who fish weekly kill more fish when you include mortality rates for catch & release. Again - not trying to justify the old man keeping too many fish or advocate breaking existing laws. Just throwing out some thoughts to bounce around.

I haven't been following this thread with all that much interest, but did someone just refer to people who call TIP as being the equivalent of a Nazi fellow who organized the deportation of the Jews?

Really?!?

Keep it classy, James.

Sorry carmike, I never mentioned anything about deporting jews. Nice try though. Adolf Eichmann wasn't so much an ardent Nazi or even an evil crusader. He didn't have strong core convictions that guided his life. like many of the posters on this thread; he was a pleasant, efficient and very helpful man who was willing to do anything the state asked him to do without regard for reason or humanity (the law is the law right?) Tattling on others was wrong when we were in grade school and unless we see someone in serious trouble or committing some sort of victimization crime it is still a silly and cowardly thing to do as an adult. I expect that kind of thing from an old woman living in an assisted living facility but not from fully functioning adults who are supposed to be enjoying their time in the woods or on the water.

Def let's over harvest all our resources that makes a lot of sense. Limits are there for a reason so that the resource is around for years to come. So if I see you pulling in 100 sunnies by yourself I will tattle without feeling even a little bad. I hope most sportsman would do the same thing. If you just watch them do it and don't say anything then you can come on here and complain that the dnr is mismanaging our resources.

BTW I have talked w many COs and they have never asked to see my house( maybe they know Tue decorating isn't the best). Do you think they know that the guy is over his limit and had good knowledge of what they will find???

Sorry carmike, I never mentioned anything about deporting jews. Nice try though. Adolf Eichmann wasn't so much an ardent Nazi or even an evil crusader. He didn't have strong core convictions that guided his life. like many of the posters on this thread; he was a pleasant, efficient and very helpful man who was willing to do anything the state asked him to do without regard for reason or humanity (the law is the law right?) Tattling on others was wrong when we were in grade school and unless we see someone in serious trouble or committing some sort of victimization crime it is still a silly and cowardly thing to do as an adult. I expect that kind of thing from an old woman living in an assisted living facility but not from fully functioning adults who are supposed to be enjoying their time in the woods or on the water.

I nominate this for post of the year.

So tattling or turning in poachers is a classless act only my Granada would do? You must have a wonderful life james in a world full of "id10ts" huh? Good lord.

You should check out Cuba. The Castro government survives on a vast network of chivatos (informers). They're officially called neighborhood watch committees. You can sit in front of your window all day and tattle on your neighbors or family for possessing banned currency or fudging their ration cards. Of course these snitches aren't held in such high regard by the Cuban public as they are here in MN so just be careful.

Really...this isn't Cuba...or the "Hitler era". Come one people. A guy broke the law. And is going to have to own up for his actions. If anyone knows someone is blatantly breaking the law(be it fishing or otherwise) they should do the right thing and notify the authorities.

Fishing limit laws are in place to protect the resources for generations to come. Don't you want your kids/grandkids/great-grandkids to have the opportunity to catch a trophy. Or be able to harvest a meal for their family.

I think any one of james-r posts could win the common mans preposterous statement tournament. Too bad they will have to wait for next year as all nominations have been submitted.

Justifying what someone else does breaking the law or looking the other way just ruins it for law abiding citizens with more stringent laws.