• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance hds

slurpie

Was at Cabelas in Rogers today not looking for much. Went into bargain cave and seen a hds 8 bundle package w/ lss 2 talked to guy there and guy at electronics opened box and checked it over it wa good. Got a great deal on it I thought saved 900 dollars on it. There is good deals to be had out there,sucks can't use it for a few months. What chip is everyone running in theirs? Any tips for mounting it on boat?

I have a Lakemaster Chip from 2010 or 2011 (whichever the last year they were made for Lowrance) and the new 2012 Lowrance Lake Insight Pro chip in the other.

The two chips are identical with one exception. Lowrance chip INCLUDES LOW and Rainy on the same chip where Lakemaster gets you for another $150.

Personally I think the Lowrance Pro version is better than the HD version which the only difference is shaded relief. The HD costs more and the shaded relief goes away when you zoom in so not a tremendous value IMO.

RAM mounts are the way to go and make sure you get the bigger ball mount or you will have trouble with the HDS 8's size keeping it locked in place.

I am thinking about getting this sweet swing arm setup for the console that I saw. More rock solid than the regular mounts.

I bought a gen 1 last year and loved it. I just put my lakemaster chips in it and it is fine. Many people are selling their old chips on the auction site or the list sites, so you can find good deals on those as well. I mounted mine on a Johhny Ray mount because I didn't want it bouncing around in rough water (it mounts it closer to the dash than a ram mount, but jmo, plus it is cheaper).