• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2012 tundra noise when shutting off

2012 tundra 5.7 4x4 crew max.

20k miles bought new one year ago. Just the other day my check engine, 4-lo, and trac control all came on and my truck went into what they called "limp" mode and was unable to go over 40mph. Made it to dealership and they said i just needed some software upgrad.

Now, and this wasen't happening before, every time i shut if off it makes weird noises for a few seconds. Almost like somethings still running.

Any help would be great. Also, wheres a good toyota dealership s. Metro?

AIP-air induction pump assemblies and/or air injection switching valves issues will put a Tundra in limp mode after all the lights on the dash turn on like a Christmas tree. I don't know if that is your problem but it's a big one with them that Toyota extended the warranty after years of problems.

I've had good work done by Carlson Toyota in Coon Rapids. Their sales Dept. on the other hand is not the best. I ended up going to Toyota City in Brooklyn Park to purchase my Camry but Carlson services both my Camry and T100.

I would have to say its the air injection pump as well.

What would the fix for this be? Should they be replacing all the pumps? Is there a fix such as a software upgrade?

After reading about this all over the net, I'm thinking I should have never gotten this truck.

I have NO confidence in taking my truck anywhere in the cold now. Not a good feeling with a BRAND NEW truck!

Well I don't know if the software upgrade has allowed for the running of whatever is on as part of the upgrade. So I would have to ask did you contact the dealer about this? If not than why not?

There are many vehicles that let things run after the key is turned off. Everything from fans to auxiliary water pumps.

A far as confidence in your vehicle. This happened once, a repair was made, it has not happened since. I'm not sure where the confidence was lost?

Well I don't know if the software upgrade has allowed for the running of whatever is on as part of the upgrade. So I would have to ask did you contact the dealer about this? If not than why not?

There are many vehicles that let things run after the key is turned off. Everything from fans to auxiliary water pumps.

A far as confidence in your vehicle. This happened once, a repair was made, it has not happened since. I'm not sure where the confidence was lost?

The person I talked with had very little knowledge of Tundras...not warming when their working on your truck. A service manager that works nights owns a tundra and has good knowledge so I'm waiting to talk with him about it.

After reading about it (AIP and Tundras) they've been going into limp mode since the '08s leaving MANY Tundra owners with a limp vehicle. In fact Toyota gave the '08-'09 a 150k warranty on that specific part but leaving other years out since they claimed to have fixed it...but many more year classes are showing the same problems. And it's $4,000 to fix and they've gone out in new vehicles with less then 100 miles so it's not a time/mileage thing or "if" but a "when!"

Why would a company such as Toyota do this to loyal customers? Yes-I am upset. All this problem takes is some water in the pumps to freeze and your SOL...and being I live in MN it'll always be on my mind...Thats where I lose my confidence.

I'll wait to talk with the service manager and hopefully it's been resolved but then again he'll most likely tell me what I whant to hear...

Sorry-Just REAL upset on a new EXPENSIVE vehicle

And Jeremey, You own a Toyota Tundra and work with them right?

Do current 2012's and 2013's have the pumps run after the key is off for a few seconds? If so, I'd be happier then a Dodge guy in a junk yard...