• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Buying tomorrow: thoughts?

acarroline

No experience with the Clam but $500 for a FL-20?? Get an LX-5 better unit anyway or a 6 if you must have a flatscreen both offer so much more in features for the price than the 20 does plus when in a crowd you can still use the Marcum you may not be able to tune out the Vex...My buddy did Brianerd last weekend and out of the 6 or so in the group only the couple with Marcums could use their units the Vex's couldnt be cleared up...

I swear that Esox guy must have an HSO notifier that whenever the word flasher is mentioned or specifically Vexilar, he comes in shouting MARCUM.

it never fails. LOL smile

I would suggest before buying to check out Pro Fishing Supply, Dave usually has very competitive pricing.

Also I did happen to notice that a particular sporting goods/bait shop in Red Wing is having a close out and the FL20 Pro is listed at $445

Not brand loyalty just what I have found to be the better... DTRO was there once to both on the Marcum and Nils... I based my decision on useing all the different ones and have owned all the Vex units except the 22 but have used one and still dont match the functions and features as Marcum.... So BITE ME Darren laugh

If you go to the mans store that has farm in its name they were and I think still are running a boys toys sale. If you spend over 350 you get 50 in gift card. So buy one and walk out then go back in and buy other using you gift card and get another 50 card. Not a bad deal and they also had vexilars and clams on sale.

Bought both units and hope to use them Sunday. Putting together the Clam Explorer and I really like the seats, and the 1 1/4 poles. Seems like a heavy duty unit. The FL 20 with the Pro View ducer is something I'm excited to try out, and I'm already glad I upgraded to the Ultra Pack.

The store worked with me matching all online deals for pricing, and even had a credit card sign up thing that saved a certain percentage, earned me instant coupons for my cover and other accessories, and had a few free gifts for the wife and kid.

I will write up my thoughts after the "maiden voyage" with these two pieces, but I'm excited to try them out!

I was able to get out for a bit Sunday afternoon and try out the new gear.

I really like the shack. Much more room than before, and I was able to load/unload myself, two doors makes it easy to get in and out, move equipment around, etc. I really like this shack so far!

The vex worked well. We were only fishing in about 8-10ft of water, with another FL20 in the same shack. Interference wasn't bad, just some stray lines in the top 3 ft of readings. I liked having the option of switching to night view, much easier on the eyes in the dark hours.

All in all, very happy with the purchases so far.