Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
mrpike1973

boat upgrades will this work

i put the battery toward the back to save on cash for cables etc. i'll get a 6 gallon fuel tank for the front put the anchors etc this is a new to me 25 hp motor so i dont want to flip over hee hee when i take off think this will work.

sorry guys. I was trying to get pix entered, but didn't allow me to. If you have any suggestions let me know. It says the pix is too big.

my apoligies i just learned how to upload pics thanks. i didnt think i would flip over but yes i hope this will even out the boat

I have my 6gal tank and battery in the back on my 14' jon boat. You don't want to be fighting a huge pike on Washta and trip over a gas can and/or fuel line. Besides, it just looks funny.

Oh...yeah...don't do that.

Put the battery and tank in the back.

Did you have problems before getting up on plane? I had a 40hp on my 14', before that I had an old 20hp chrysler even that got me up on plane no problem.

hi guys thanks. actually i never had a problem getting on plane i had a 15 hp on it before. the problem was it would porpoise some when i didnt have a passenger. so with a bigger motor i figured it would be worse not sure hope this works thanks

If it porpoises change the tilt of the motor by relocating the pin in the adjustment holes located on the transom bracket. Move the pin towards the transom to get the bow down, away from the transom to get the bow up.

I have the 6 gallon can and two group 27 deep cycles in the back of my 14' Lund and it works great. I also have a MK Maxxum 74 on the front so that helps drop the front down. I tried putting the batteries up front and it wouldn't get up on plane. I prefer as much weight towards the back as possible. The best thing to do is play around with the trim pin on the motor and test it in different positions. I found after repropping my boat, that the position I had the motor in was pushing the front of the boat down too much and it was plowing. I adjusted the pin a bit and she came to life. Before modding my boat, I was running a transom mount TM and a group 25 deep cycle with the gas can in the back. With a 15 horse and the correct prop and position I hit 32 mph on GPS with that sucker solo and she planed out perfect really quick.

I agree with what has been said. The gas tank located in the center of the boat will prove to be a royal pain in the a$$. Save the center of the boat for movable tackle boxes, etc. I ran a 14 foot Lund with a 30HP Evinrude which is roughly the same weight of a 25 HP, and had both the battery and gas tank located in the back. Prop and pitch have more to do with motor performance than most other factors unless the boat is really overweight and grossly out of balance.