• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stradic

ice-man/vexilar-king

Question

I have a Shimano Stradic. Best spinning reel I’ve ever purchased. It’s about two years old. I’ve run it threw two Mn. Bass master trails, and a trip to Canada that would destroy any normal real. The eye’s there are unreal, you’d swear they were crossed with small mouths.
The problem I’m having with it now is that it wants to go on back real every now and then on it’s own, but the lever on the back is in the off position. How do I fix it/?
>')))))><

7 answers to this question

I use them too, Open Water and on Ice.

I haven't had your problem, but if it's still happening after the cleaning, I'd ship it back to the factory for repair.

------------------
Chells

I own 3 of them and they definately are a great reel. I have had mine repaired and cleaned at a rod and reel repair place in Bemidji MN. The name is Seagull rod and reel. It is worth a shot and had good service there too.

I cleaned my two Stradic's last year for the first time in about 3-4 yrs. They were starting to "stick" a bit. They are not to bad to clean if you are mechanically inclined. Essentailly I recommend you have a large flat bright area to work and some good quality small screwdrivers. Go slowly taking off only the minimum amount of parts at a time. Wash/Spray each part down with Rem oil and then use youre aircompressor to blow off all the excess oil/debris and then reassemble. They were just like new when I got done.

Or like some of the other folks said if you are not comfortable doing this most dealers will service them for you for a nominal fee.

chow

Thanks for the info. I'm going to give the cleaning another try. I was scared at first because of the way the bearings wear sealed, it looked like i needed to know how to disect a transmission to figure it out. What the heck i'm sure i can pay someone to put it back together if i screw it up to bad. If not i guess i get to buy a new one.
C&R---->')))))><