• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LX6-7 future updates

ready2fish

Was wondering if everyone is happy and feel that MarCum has resolved all the issues with these fish finders or do you hope they continue improving some of the issues and release more fixes.

I have a LX6 and it came with the 3.1 software and updated to the latest 3.7 software and feel they did make a step forward but still feel there not done with some making this ff were it should be.

I believe they will always make updates. Innovative companies always strive to improve and marcum has build a flasher that allows for continual improvements without the need to charge for a new product all together like is required by mechanical flashers. I have a few details I would change if marcum was making my LX 6 custom for me but others might disagree and I don't expect marcum to cater to my needs. Dynamic depth was really the only issue marcum didn't have working right but that's not an easy feature to nail down when you thing about how sonar works and it's working well for me with 3.17.

Bottom line is that you hear a lot about marcum updates and issues because they are upgradable but you would hear just as much about mechanical flashers if they were upgradable. Instead you hear about what features are better among models instead of upgrades to make them better. I still own my 12 year old Vexilar and it has never had an issue and I believe they make a great flasher but I think I get a lot more useful features with my LX 6. Now I hope Vexilar comes out with a digital flasher because I'm sure it will be a great product but the growing pains will probably be there just like they were with marcum.

Joe

Thanks all for your input

I had sent an e-mail to there customer service and asked if they were still working on a future update and i received this response

My thought was this wasn't a very friendly informative answer

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello

I do not have any information on any further updates for the LX-6 or LX-7. I am not sure when the next upgrade will be available and cannot say for sure that another upgrade is in progress.