• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favorite venison hamburger recipe?

I'm actually making a big batch of italian venison meatballs tonight.

Its 1 part venison, 1 part pork, and you can add up to 1 part ground beef if you want as well but I don't. It gets seasoned with italian seasonings and then baked.

I'm making 9 pounds of them tonight. I freeze them and pull out just what I need for eat meal as I need them.

Other options:

You can also use ground venison in meatload, chilli, as burgers (mixed with eithe bacon or 80/20 ground beef), tacos, etc.

Grind mine with bacon, then just make regular burgers on the grill. Don't get no better than that. smile

+1 on the bacon ground/mixed in! If I'm freezing a bunch though I usually just grind with 10% beef fat just so the burgers hold together and have some moisture.

I also love using plain venni burger for taco's, sloppy j's, maid-rites, etc since it's so lean. No greasy stuff to pour off.

I do this for poker night with the guys: I mix 50-50 venison burger and ground pork and make sloppy joe's. Just folllow the recipie on the little seasoning packet from McCormick's. I do add either a shake of Cayene pepper or Chipotle powder, sometimes both, to the mix. I haven't tried it but I am now thinking next poker night, I will go 50-25-25 and use venison, ground pork and pork sausage, or go 33-33-33%

i chop an onion into bite size pieces and mix the onion and worchestire sauce and some salt then make into patties. the ground bacon mixed in 50 50 is really really good too

one way to make the patties is to melt half stick butter in pan and cook the patties. put the cover on when you flip them and keep the cover on after you add the cheese and buns. makes a really soft moist steamed burger, bun and gooey cheese.

so many ways :>). I have been just mixing McCormicks Hamburger seasoning in with straight venny and having a burger. Really good. At our game feed last week we mixed 50/50 with ground pork and the the breakfast seasoning from Coborns. Very good burgers! Love bacon but preffer ground sausage with the venny if I mix. like that onion mixed in idea, gotta try that.

We like vennison and black bean enchalidas. Use venni hamburger, onion, salsa, and black beans. Fry up and fill tortillas with the meat bean mixture add some cheese rollup and place in baking pan. fill the pan with the roll ups and cover with enchallida sauce and more cheese, then bake.

We start at grind time by mixing an equal amount of venison with 20% fat beef grind, which yields a wonderful 10% lean burger. It can be used in any recipe as regular beef burger, maybe 3 or 4 in 100 will suspect its not regular hamburger, and patties hold together. Stretches the yield from the deer tremendously, and tastes fantastic.