• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LX-9 upgrade/ review ?

white80a

I'm on the fence as far as upgrading my LX-7. Was wondering what people think of there LX-9's. What is the battery life? Is it to bulky to hole hop with? ( just using the flasher). I love my LX-7 as a flasher but was thinking if I added th camera to it I could get rid of my older aqua view and save some space, and I'm sure the picture would be better. But I just don't know if it worth the money?

Hole hopping would an issue because you have the camera and camera wire to deal with. If you want to hole hop you can disconnect the camera and just use the locator until you find fish, and maybe want to attach the camera later. The picture quality would be much better than the Aqua view.

I actually just picked up a LX-9 this morning and have not had it out on the ice yet. It looks like Marcum put some thought into shedding some weight for hole hoping as the camera bag and cord disconnect quite easily. I'm upgrading from a LX-3tc, so I'll still have that if I find the 9 too bulky to hole hop with.

I love my LX-9! I've only used it three times now, but it really pulls everything together nicely. I am also using a 12V 18Ah lithium ion motorcycle battery in place of the gel, so dropped around 4 lbs off the weight of it - good for hole-hopping now...