• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2012/2013 Build

NodakIce

So I had been considering building a wheel house for a couple of years and this past year I finally got the ambition to start. Here are the results.

This is what I started with. Ice Assault Center Section

full-44744-29273-iceassaultcentersection

full-44744-29274-iceassaultcentersection

Then came time to cut the steel for the frame.

full-44744-29275-steelforframe.jpg

Frame all welded up and Herculined.

full-44744-29276-framecompletedandhercul

full-44744-29277-framecompletedandhercul

We then put the flooring on which is Herculined as well and added the aluminum wheel wells.

full-44744-29278-wheelwellsinstalledandf

full-44744-29279-wheelwellsinstalledandf

The next logical step would be to start building up. We ripped down 2x4's to 2x3's and off we went.

full-44744-29280-woodframing.jpg

full-44744-29281-woodframing2.jpg

After that we had to put the aluminum sheeting on. Since we had wood studs we had to make a C channel out of .032 aluminum so the VHB would have something to stick to. Sorry I don't have more pics of this. I also don't have pics of the spray foam. I told the foamer to do 1.5" on the walls and ceiling, but i think he may have been a little generous.

full-44744-29282-aluminumsheetingbeingin

The next few pics are of the completed exterior. Two RV windows, two man doors and a 7'x7' rear ramp door.

full-44744-29283-exterriorcomplete.jpg

full-44744-29284-exterriorcomplete2.jpg

full-44744-29285-rearramedoor.jpg

After the exterior was complete we needed to start the interior. I used plastic sheeting that was non fiberglass reinforced. Found out it weighed 8lbs per sheet. The reason for going with plastic was I wanted the trailer to be spray down ready so all i have to do for cleaning is rinse it out with a garden hose.

full-44744-29286-interriorstarted.jpg

full-44744-29287-interrirocomplete_justn

The interior isn't quite done yet as we need to add the rattle reels which will be mounted to the ceiling and add the TV which will be on the front half wall.

I also don't have a picture of what is behind that half wall. The toilet (5 gal bucket and a toilet seat) is located there along with storage. I will hopefully have a picture of that soon.

I have to give a big thanks to Clint at Ice Assault. They run a class act business and are willing to help you throughout the build process by answering any questions you may have. All my questions were answered within 20 minutes of me asking sometimes being even sooner. Thanks again Clint

This is my first post so i hope it goes as i had planned and if it doesn't I apologize for any inconvenience.

Yes the toilet is only accessible from the outside. Emissions and having to carry your "poo bag" through the house to get it outside was the main purpose I built it that way.

If you look at the ceiling i added a vent (the led lights are wrapped around it) that moves warm air to the back of the trailer via the forced air furnace. The main leg for that vent goes through the bathroom/storage area which is enough radiant heat to keep it warm. That half wall blocking the bathroom/storage area off from the rest of the trailer isn't insulated either so I'm thinking that it should be able to get some heat from the main part of the trailer as well.

That will be nice. I am actually getting a frame from Clint. Should be done anytime now. Real nice guy to work with. I got a 8-19' with the back corners cut off.

I'm curious how that is going to tow. I talked with Clint about your frame and the theory behind the reduction in vacuum. It sounds interesting.

walleyewiz0212,

I didn't get my doors from Clint, but he offered to sell me some. I purchased all of mine through a local Mission trailer dealership. Trailer dealership told me how big to build the opening and we went from there. They are pretty nice and i really liked the fact that they are surface mount which makes them a whole lot easier to install.

walleyewiz0212,

I didn't get my doors from Clint, but he offered to sell me some. I purchased all of mine through a local Mission trailer dealership. Trailer dealership told me how big to build the opening and we went from there. They are pretty nice and i really liked the fact that they are surface mount which makes them a whole lot easier to install.

Ok Thanks. Clint said he could get me a color matched door and just wondering what they were like. Thanks again

If you look to the front of the house you can see the futons I have. They are about the same size as a regular bed and fold into 3 sections instead of 2 like most standard futons which saves a lot of space. Sorry for the poor picture quality.

Here is a link to where I bought them from.

Futons

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S49840048/

full-44744-29373-20130125_011028.jpg