• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Belt Drive Garage Door Opener ?

Moose

Yes, I have one, it is awesome. Quiet and smooth. Put in new in '08 and no probs yet, knock on wood... Brother has one too, and it is same. Mine is Chamberlain, brothers is Craftsman, both good units. Have no idea on price these days though. Biggest thing is the quietness.

Very nic I have them in my shop. 7 years now and no problems. I put a couple screw drives in my garage when I built the house and the one is great but the other is noisy and acts up when its cold. Would go to belt again if to do over again. Price depends on what H.P. you get Chamberlain is my choice they last forever. Watch sales at home d or menar for decent prices usually around $125 to $200.

have had same one since bought house in 04, chamberlain belt drive, only things that have been replaced are light bulbs & just had a spring go above garage door. very quiet & reliable, usually cannot even hear door opening/closing & that is with kitchen/dining/living room right next to garage.

Thank You guys.I am probably going to go with the Chamberlin. My Craftsman chain drive is 17+ years old and either the sensors or the circuit board went. Either way I think it's ime to put it to rest. I'll limp it along till it warms up. Does anyone have the parking assist? My DW wants a tennis ball but if the laser works I would prefer that.