• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

green box?

dan z

They run on 2 of those big 6 volt lantern batteries, at least mine did. It wouldn't be worth the price of the batteries for performance compared to the cheapest newer units. Great in their day but that was 40 years ago.

This is what I use! A Lowrance fish Lo-K-Tor "green box". I use the Remington rechargable 6v batteries. It reads my bait, is nearly indestructable, and only costed me $25. I just about die every time I see a "great deal" on a vexilar fl-8 for $250. IMO if you want a locator flasher, and dont want to buy a modern one, you have two choices, a Zercom colorpoint (not that cheap at $125-$175) or a green box. I had a newer Lo-K-Tor flp-235 for a while, but it is not sensitive at all, and can only read even big baits a few feet down. My green box can read tiny panfish jigs in 20' of water.

Since there is no interference rejection you will see your screen get pretty messed up once you start fishing next to someone else with a flasher. I tried the green box once. Then bought an FL-8 and worked my way up to a LX-5. As mentioned earlier. a regular 12 volt battery will work.