• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone have experience with a Ruger single six 22LR 22 Mag pistol? How you like it and what barrel length 4 5/8, 5½, 6½, 7½, 9½ inches ? How much different is the 22 mag to the 22 LR? I am thinking of getting a stainsless 5.5” or 6.5”. Thanks Tink

My dad had one in the 7.5" version and it is a great gun for plinking and target shooting.

The 22mag seems to have a bit more noise tan the 22LR but his was equally as accurate at most all diatances I shot it at.

My younger brother has it now and I'm not sure how much he shoots it.

22Mag is a zippy little round. Pretty expensive compared to regular 22LR though. Probably about 4x more cost per 50.

You won't get the full benefit of 22Mag over 22LR in a (relatively) short barrel like a pistol but you will pick up probably 300-400 feet per second in similar bullet weights. That ends up being a fair bit more power.

I have one in SS with the 5.5" barrel. Nice little gun. Dont use the 22 mag cylinder much because of ammo price. Just use it for target shooting and not hunting. I also have 2 semi auto 22's (browning buckmark and ruger mark 3) and I shoot those way more. Unless you really like the single action wheel guns, I would look at a semi auto. So much more fun to shoot IMHO. I also got the ultimate clip loader and it is crazy how much ammo I can burn through now. If you have a semi auto 22 (does not work on a few models so check that out before buying) you have to get one of these!!!