• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Otter Cottage or Cabin?

sticknstring

Having a tough time deciding between the two. Sold the permanent house and looking for a portable now. I have a Fish Trap Pro now that I use solo, but want something a little bigger. I've fished two in the Pro, but it was tight. I fish 50% alone, 50% with someone else. I'll be pulling it by hand and want to manage it in/out of my truck with ease. The cottage is 9" wider than what I have now and a few inches taller. I know you could get two guys in there, but it would still be a little tight. Although perfect when I'm fishing alone. The Cabin would be ideal for two, but pretty roommy, heavy, and harder to heat when solo. Probably going to target an insulated one and can't decide on the bench or swivel seats either. Any recommendations? Thanks guys!

Get the cabin xt900 for sure. I've had mine since last season and absolutely love it. I fish most of the time by myself and I love having enough room to stretch my legs out and standing up without hitting the ceiling. It is easy to load on and off by myself also. Just put the curved end of the up on the tailgate first then lift and slide in. My buddy decided to go with the cottage last year and is now wanting to size up. He is only 5'5"-5'6" and has to bend his head to one side in order to stand up in the house. I find it very cramped with one person in the cottage. Couldn't imagine stuffing 2 dudes, Marcums, a heater, etc and having any space. And as far as bench or swivel? Swivel chairs absolutely

I purchased the cabin this season too. I sat in the cottage with a buddy and it would have worked but would have been very cramped. I also got the thermal with swivel seats and I'm able to stay warm enough with the little buddy.

Thought about it, but the wife isn't too keen on me having two portables! Just ordered me up a XT900 Cabin - that should cover my bases for awhile! laugh

You'll be 100% satisfied! When your fishing alone, simply take one of the seats out and you have yourself a perfect one man portable. Enough room to move around and more room in the tub to haul gear. That is the biggest down side to the Cottage. The tub is simply not big enough to load your gear in.

Have the cabin, its heavy for loading and unloading but the space is great. Your going to love it having the thermal. I had a ranger and I have fished more just because the house is so nice! I have the bench in mine and like it for setting stuff on and if ya really want you can fish 2 adults and 1 kid in it

Went through the same decision earlier this season: Cottage vs Cabin?

I bought the Thermal Cabin. It was the right decision.

I can handle it just as easy as the smaller Cottage. The extra length actually helps with getting it into and out of the truck bed. Stand the Cabin on it's end, lean it on the tailgate, and flip it up and into the bed.

Good deal - sounds like I made the right decision. I figured maybe with the insulated fabric, having the extra room might not be so bad as it'll probably be easier to heat. I just wish the XT900 would be available in the black ice camo like the T600 - that fabric is bad a&$. Thanks guys!