• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

am I the only one thinking of warm days?

Well, if it's any indication of my thoughts........I mounted some new portage pads on my yoke and bought a new summer rod on Saturday. smile

I'm hoping for another early spring where I can sneak in a solo April BW trip. Even if it's just panfish, I need me some alone time on the water and in the woods.

Are you kidding? -20 F. here this morning. Same yesterday morning. We're not forecast to even get above zero until Saturday!

Went out to fire up the diesel tractor snow blower yesterday, now that the wind has finally stopped blowing, and with diesel 911 previously added to the winter mix fuel, and the heater core plugged in, she still wouldn't start and run appropriately. Suppose I have a little fuel gelled in a line or filter somewhere. mad

So, it's on to the 03' Arctic Cat 500 ATV with the front mounted blade...oops, air has drained badly from one tire, and she won't fire either! mad On top of that, my air compressor is stored in the garage, so that won't run until I take it in the house and warm it up as well!

So now I'm chopping and shoveling a "car width" path thru the 50 ft. long 12 ft. wide and 3 ft. tall hard packed, frozen snow drift blocking my garage, so I can get at least one vehicle in and out. mad

Now my Bomber hat is completed lined with frost, along with my beard, mustache, eyelashes and eyebrows, and I'm sweating so hard my inner clothing is soaked!

My new boat is sitting in front of my motorcycle in the barn, alongside the snow removal machines that won't work because it's too darn cold!

"Am I the only one thinking of warm days?" Ummmmmmmm.....No. cool

Good to know I'm not the only crazy one out there. I got a new (fancy) canoe paddle for the upcoming season (Ok, let's be more truthful: I bought one that just happens to fit both me and the Significant Other for her Xmas gift), and let's just say that she (only half-jokingly, I suspect) complained the other day that she wishes I fondled her as tenderly as I've been, well, fondling that paddle.

Plus, I'm only 113 days away from my yearly end-of-school solo into the BWCA. But who's counting? smile