• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Updated LX7

brian6715

Hey guys,

I have been using my updated LX-7 for a week now, and I want to share my experience and hear yours. First, the dynamic depth now works great; there is no more jumping around.

I have noticed that in order to pick up my crappie hook I have to now have the gain way up. Before I could see my hook usually at a gain of 4, definitely at 5; but now it needs to be 20+. Walleye jigs of course show up better. I also noticed that if I have it on the 8 degree cone it picks it up better, if it's on the 20 degree cone it barely picks my hook up at all. I know the update said for better low-end gain sensitivity/adjustments... is that what I am experiencing? What are others experiences? For what it's worth, this is fishing in 20-25' of water.

I would suggest turning your fine line adjustment up and you should pick it up just fine with reduced gain. The fine line in my opinion wasnt functional on the previous version as you had to have it to zero or it was just a thick blob. sounds like that was addressed with this update. it should give much better fine tuning.

The added gain was created to give the user a broader range to fine tune to their presentation, I still run 2.9 and gain of 2 and at 4 mines a total mess, after seeing the new updated units in action the added gain is a huge plus and now allows you to use the target adjust as it was designed....

No guys, it should be picking this up... it's a crappie jig and a split shot about 1 foot away... my old school LX1 picks up the same rig with the gain at 2-3 (out of 10). I know it flutters to the side, I have used flashers for 15+ years now. I am just hoping the target adjust fixes things, or else I am making a trip to Marcum!

Hamms I'm sure I will at some point but for now will stay with 2.9 since I have it dialed in and dont want to spend the time to relearn the new menues and relearning how to set everything.....We have been using it for 4-5 lines in my 3 man and works perfect for showing all lines and fish, also wife takes longer to learn the tweaks so keeping it simple for her lol

downloaded the update friday evening, and WOW what a difference. No longer does the jig look the same size as the fish. and you are really able to turn the gain/signal strength way down to help pick out weeds...

Def. fan, just hope on the next update they will change the battery reader to read % battery life left, rather than voltage.

I was out all weekend in the Alexandria area. I noticed that when the voltage was getting low 12.0 volts or less the dynamic depth started to jump around like it did prior to 3.17. Not quite as bad but did start to act up so i had to switch to manual range settings. Not sure if anyone else noticed this?

I just watched a video That IDO did. There is a funtion called target id. I havn't had time to look at my lx7 yet so I can't share where it is located in the menu. Target id Allows you to make your jig bigger or smaller on the screen. I bet yours is turned all the way down.

I just watched a video That IDO did. There is a funtion called target id. I havn't had time to look at my lx7 yet so I can't share where it is located in the menu.

If your speaking of target adjust, it's right under your nose, It's located on the dashboard, as well as in the menu. Haven't seen anything in my 7 with "id" adjustments.

I had the same problem with a new updated LX7. I could barely see my bait with the senstivity pegged. My buddy who also runs a LX7 figured it out for me. I had to switch to the color pallet to the one with blues and greens and switch to the black background. After those settings changes it really works well.

Good Luck

I had to switch to the color pallet to the one with blues and greens and switch to the black background. After those settings changes it really works well.

I have had my LX6 setup with this color setup since I bought it (back when it had 3.1 firmware), so that explains why I haven't had these issues with 3.17... I think the new firmware works great on my LX6 with the quoted color settings. No reason not to upgrade in my opinion.

I had the same problem with a new updated LX7. I could barely see my bait with the senstivity pegged. My buddy who also runs a LX7 figured it out for me. I had to switch to the color pallet to the one with blues and greens and switch to the black background. After those settings changes it really works well.

Good Luck

I was having problems yesterday with mine an i remembered this post and it stopped the flickering and i could see my jig- Thanks.

With this color choice I find it hard to see sometimes and that's why I liked the reds and green and yellow better.

Any idea how i could set mine up so i could use a different choice and not have to turn my gain way up or do we have to wait till there's another software release.

Thanks

Hey guys,

I have been using my updated LX-7 for a week now, and I want to share my experience and hear yours. First, the dynamic depth now works great; there is no more jumping around.

Why can't they get this fixed on the lx-9 with the latest version? And also why did dynamic depth work great on my lx-7 after the update last year and then the new ones this year are having problems?

Was at my tackle shop yesterday they have the complete Marcum line in stock . Had a hard look at the LX9 they talked me out of it . They were having to many battery issues only getting two to three hours of use out of a charge . Anyone hear about this ? Also was wondering about all the updates in a short time frame ? May sit on the fence this year before I purchase but there are a lot of deals out there maybe they are not deals in the long run ?

I have turned my target adjust up to about 3 or 4 and have the gain pegged at 25 on the Yellow-Orange-Green color combo (or whatever the two other colors are with green). It works fine... I just wanted to make sure I didn't get a faulty unit somehow.

I will try the different color combo today, going out shortly. Report back later tonight.

They were having to many battery issues only getting two to three hours of use out of a charge . Anyone hear about this ? Also was wondering about all the updates in a short time frame ?

I've never had an issue with battery life at all and used it from noon until dark and then I turn the camera off and just use the flasher until 9pm. I do charge it religiously every night after use. I've only seen one update on the lx-9 and that just came out last week. I think what the deal is and this is just my opinion, at some point they need to get them on the shelves like before Christmas or there sales will really suffer. If there working 95% that gives them some time to work out the bugs and get some feedback on any new ones that come up and since you do the updates at home with your own computer it's not as big of a deal as sending it back to Marcum.

I know many people would find this approach not acceptable but I think anyone looking to spend $700 to $1200 on a flasher will do there home work online and there is far more post on problems then "this thing is the best thing since the power auger!". I think the people that buy them like me, are aware of some issues and in are minds the over all function of the unit out weighs the glitches and with knowing the bugs can be worked out with future updates makes it easier to swallow.