• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

sunglasses

mnguy152

Bought a pair of Costas with the 580g blue lenses. Simply amazing.

Since I hate wearing contacts, a couple months ago I had presription lenses made for my costas and went with the smoke grey polycarbonate lens.

From a clarity perspective the 580g is unmatched, but now I dont have to wear stupid contacts.

Are they pricey? Yep, but compared to everything else I have tried over the years, these are the only ones I will wear again and they are tough as nails.

Hey Cptmusky, I was also thinking about getting some prescription lenses for my costas. Would you mind telling me what you paid for the lenses, and what kind of turn around time it takes to have them made? You can PM me if you'd like. I would really appreciate it!

JCUP, I had the work done locally (in St Cloud). Go to Costas HSOforum and you will be able to find out locations for prescription lenses. This is a narrower list than locations that sell the sunglasses themselves.

I got the polycarbonate lenses which could be ground locally. If I wanted the 580 glass lenses those had to be sent in to Costa, at least my location couldnt do them.

I had already purchased the sunglasses a couple years ago and just recently decided to get the prescription lenses. If you buy them with prescription lenses undoubtedly it would be cheaper.

I have astigmatism, but my correction isnt really that bad and I think the total was right around $200 for the lenses. Its a lot of money I know. Probably would have been half that or less if I just did it when I got the sunglasses initially.

Have had two pairs of Costa's now for several years. Love 'em. Have broken both a couple of times, but Costa has repaired, or replaced, them for free--or less than $50.00. Their customer service is very personable and responsive. Specifically, I use green mirror and amber lenses, and both are game changers. Maui Jim, and Smith are world class optics, too.

I'm just as happy with my H3O Tsunamis. Interchangeable green, gray, and amber lenses for about 150$. The optical quality may be a tad inferior to Costas, but they're noticeably lighter.