• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

sunglasses

mnguy152

Have wore Oakleys for years,now got a pair of nikes liked the Oakleys better. Polarized lens are a must and have never had costa s but they must be good. Most important thing is try on a bunch and get ones that feel most comfortable.

Prescription Oakleys for me. Prescription Costa for the wife.

I prefer the Oakleys over the Costas because with all of the different frame styles they have I can find the one that fits exactly as I want, plus with the lens color choices you can dial in your glasses to do a specific task if needed.

I've worn, Ray-Ban, Smith Optics, Bolle and now Costas. I like the Costas the best, they have the nicest lenses to look through.

I second the comment on having 1 pair of eyes and spending the money to protect them. I have seen guys with severe welding burn on their eyes from fishing outside on the ice in the spring.

I used to wear Oakley Half Jackets, but hated that I had to buy new skins every year, and I broke three different lenses installing them. they were all polarized lenses at 90 bucks a set too. SO they sit in my truck now, un used....

My brother in law last year told me about Sundog Sunglasses, I ordered a set of the 22 degree photocromatic polarized mela lenses. Best sunglasses I have ever owned. I wear mine fishing, golfing, at school teaching when I am outside all day. I have a large head and these are the fist sunglasses I have ever owned that fit me perfectly. they cost $170 which is less than any of the other models recommended above, look into them, they are really great....

Bought a pair of Costas with the 580g blue lenses. Simply amazing.

Since I hate wearing contacts, a couple months ago I had presription lenses made for my costas and went with the smoke grey polycarbonate lens.

From a clarity perspective the 580g is unmatched, but now I dont have to wear stupid contacts.

Are they pricey? Yep, but compared to everything else I have tried over the years, these are the only ones I will wear again and they are tough as nails.

I have a pair of costa del mars and they are great, but for those shopping on a budget I would also recommend eddie bauer polarized glasses. They are very nice for 60 bucks and I cant really tell a difference in quality to the costa del mars. I got the eddie bauer glasses as a gift and love them so they probably wont be my last pair of them.