• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

? For Backwater Eddy

SXViper

Question

I just bought a new Jiffy Legend 3hp. In one of the previous threads you had mentioned mixing Sta-bil with the gas. Do you mix this in right away when you mix the oil in? Also do you use the recommended mix from Sta-bil? Any help would be appreciated. I sure am impressed with this auger, if the Stealth cuts any faster it would almost drag you into the hole.
Thanks
Brian

3 answers to this question

I mix my stabilizer right with my gas when I am mixing the oil with the gas. That way your system always has stabile in it. Gas can go rotten with in 30 days and cause big trouble. I always mix it right as the manufacture recommends. I have been doing it like this for the last 3 years and have had no troubles and that is on a Jiffy that is over 20 years old.

I agree, fallow the 24/1 mix with a recommended dose of Sta-Bil for a month or so, let it break in well. I generally mix 1 gallon at a time, no more.

You can lean it out a bit in latter mix's and add both the Sta-Bil and a shot of Sea Foam. Your carb will love ya for it.

Just be sure not to lean out the oil mix too much, just a bit. You will get less fowling of the plug and less oil residue out the tail.

That Stealth is a Sweet auger Eh! It chuck ice like a starving beaver!

ed-logo.jpg

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 01-31-2003).]