• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Heads up. Possibel Northern Lights tonight and tommorow.

According to the email I received from the University of Alaska, the 17-18 may produce good northern lights. A bit cloudy on this side of the State but thought I would put the heads up to eveyone intersted.

you can view info on the forcast for the Northern lights here: Aurora Forcast

I get e-mail alerts from that site and it has been spot on when I have been able to view. Can't say 100% because weather doesn't allow me to see every alert but the ones I have seen have been accurate.

A 3 is good but a 4 is significant. Chances are you will have a very good display. Keep in mind we are coming into one of the most active years in a long time for solar activity. Should be many more good viewings.

Cicada, as Dan mentioned, they are usually pretty acurate. You can sign up for free email alerts. that is actually how I knew about the show today. Hows fishing on Lida been? I aint be that way yet this year.

Well it is not easy living in the metro and finding a spot that has no light pollution! I've attempted north in the Rogers area and St. Cloud, Elk River and all the other towns are always in the way. I am now in a search for a western location. I've not found the perfect spot yet that doesn't require a LONG drive. It is amazing how even a small town gives light pollution off! So long round about way of saying still looking for the perfect spot! If I find it I will let you know!

Well it is not easy living in the metro and finding a spot that has no light pollution! I've attempted north in the Rogers area and St. Cloud, Elk River and all the other towns are always in the way. I am now in a search for a western location. I've not found the perfect spot yet that doesn't require a LONG drive. It is amazing how even a small town gives light pollution off! So long round about way of saying still looking for the perfect spot! If I find it I will let you know!

Thanks. There have been times that I would have liked to head out but I'm not really willing to drive too far on a hunch.