• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Otter Bench VS Otter seat?

Majestic

I'm looking to hear feedback from people that have tried both and what their thoughts are. I'm about to order some new seats for my portable and I'm considering going with a bench seat this time but have never seen one in person or sat in one.

Thanks

I have bench in Cabin, and have only used the old seats, so can't say about the new ones.

The bench is nice if you have kids, as three can sit fine. Also nice and sturdy, and you can set things on it, like drinks, Otter rod case, etc.

It makes it a bit tougher to reach under to get something, and you need to both get up to raise it, etc. so a bit more hassle there.

The new seat would be more comfy, and the swivel is nice. I think I would prolly go with the seats, but good comfy ones, as if you go by yourself you could leave a seat back to have less weight (not much less tho...).

Good luck.

I have the bench in my Otter Lodge. Very sturdy and comfortable, well designed for storage underneath. It works nice as a table or shelf when fishing alone or sits 2 very nice.

I fished for 9 hours in my Lodge today and was comfortable all day. I also layed down on the bench and took a nap for a hour or so, just saying....another benefit of the bench 2c

The biggest difference is this: You can't lift the bench seat when the house is packed away (the frame bars rest ontop of the bench lift bar) With the chairs resting on the support bar, you can lift them up individually and get access underneath, also if you're fishing by yourself, you simply lift the other seat out and enjoy more room & less weight..

The new benches can be lifted while the tent is down. Not sure when it changed guessing either last year or this year

I had the bench for 2 years and just changed to seats. I wore out the padding and it was bothering my back. I did like the extra space that the bench gave me to set things down though

The new benches can be lifted while the tent is down. Not sure when it changed guessing either last year or this year

That's cool, really hated forgetting to take something out from underneath and then having to flip the tent back up to get under there..other than the added weight, the bench is a nice option.