• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Macum Lx7

gwiff100

Just curious if there are any other add-ons people would like to see with this device...

here are my two..

(1) small digital clock

(2) better soft case (not the newest but an all new one) one that maybe has a shoulder strap, and better transducer cable storage

I agree on a different carrying case. The current design is pretty front heavy if you use the strap and the flap covering the screen is in the way if you use the back handle. I saw a modified strap by a member on here that looked like it worked pretty well. Maybe they could ad a digital tuner so i could watch the game with an over the air anttena in the corner of the screen? wink

My top 5 wish list additions to the new marcum line are:

1) GPS

2) GPS

3) GPS

4) GPS

5) GPS

Just imagine, you catch a fish, press the mark button and it automatically records the depth, coordinates, time, temp, etc, without having to reach into our pocket, pull out your GPS and fire it up. Maybe even add a fish counter so that you can click a button on the screen to record a fish caught (like a golf counter) so that you can add that info the the GPS for later reflection.

I know the Humminbird c85ci probably does this, but we're talking about wants for the next Marcum.

an LX-6/7/9with a GPS would be the cat's meow. A clock would be great. The whole fish counter is a bit much, I'd be satisfied with the GPS location.

If not GPS, how bout lake maps that can be uploaded. I know it wouldn't be much but if i could see the lake contour without having to always turn my handheld gps on that would be very convenient.

No just many times I want my GPS along to mark spots such as pre ice, onlyneed the GPS to get me to my spot, already have 2 big screen gps units and Navionics on my Droid...Don't realy want my flasher sitting on my dash or mounted on my quad/sled then have to remove it to fish then remount it again to move...Plus GPS is a battery eater...If I'm set up fishing an want to explore then I need to take the flasher away from my partner in the house ( wife) to go explore...

Dash marks for every foot on vertical and flasher display like the graph mode

Battery % instead of voltage

A hard case to put the soft case in or better yet a redesigned hard case like the old fish lo-k-tor style.

I know this is about the lx7 but I made the jump to the lx9 this winter and would like to see a button on the flasher that could be held down to put it in record mode like hold the range button for 2 seconds and it would start recording. By the time you see a fish you want to record and scroll through the menu it's gone. And how about the video in that was advertised that it doesn't have?

I would love one of those units and think it should have a cup holder a flex light a rod holder all separate that you pay extra for....jk had to take a shot at the sad vex "features" not actual sonar features... grin The gps would be great for in the boat when hooked up to big battery.

I would like a marks on the vertical display for foot markers, clock would be nice but not functionally necessary. GPS ehh luke warm on the idea cause i really dont want my 700-1200 dollar unit sittin on my lap on the wheeler or bouncing somewhere it shouldn't just to use the gps. the navionics on my phone works well enough but only drawback to that is having the phone exposed to the cold if your cruising the lake tracking a spot which is a serious battery killer.

I'm with you on the clock, I might have to look around for a small lcd stick on one. I guess I'm old school since I don't need my phone in one hand all day. No gps for me I'd rather not have this sitting on the dash of the ranger. As for the light..add a Lure Lightning it is the best light out there. And I will completely agree on the case and transducer cord situation, if your not carefull the cord ends up with a overly sharp bend right at the transducer. Problem could have been solved with a built in strain relief right at the entry point. Who tests these things anyway??

i agree with the posts about a gps... it would be a great feature however the battery would be killed. Not that its "needed" to say oh look at 7:24 i marced (word play) a fish... it would be just a nice little feature since im starring at the dang thing anyhow, to know what time it was occasionally.

most overwhelming change i've heard so far.. add a light and NEW CASE PLEASE (gps discussion with-held)

Simple solution to the battery concerns IF GPS were on there. Be able to turn it off. ANother solution is IF you choose to use it on an ATV, etc use a 12 volt power adaptor. Thats what I use on my ATV.

I use my HDS 5 for ice fishing and it lasts probably as long as my lx3 (but I also have a 12 amp battery for my HDS 5).

I don't have one and for the price probably wouldn't consider it unless they had GPS. GPS is a power eater - sure. Give us the ability to unplug it or turn off GPS. If you still want to use a hand held or dash mounted unit nobody is preventing you from doing that...

I am just glad i didnt buy one again this year i thought they would of had all the problems fixed by the second year of production. the fl18 is still doing what it was advertised to do.

They do have all the problems fixed? My brand new LX7 works flawlessly