• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Marcum LX-6 reviews?

Realtor Boy

Love it. digital display is great and zoom works well. got its first big test last weekend and came in very handy. your lx-3 will catch you just as many fish, but if you want to upgrade in the capabilities and features, I'd go for it.

Did you have any issues with suspended fish and the unit not picking them up?

I have the LX7 which is similar and with the new update it is great. Not sure that it will help catch more fish than your current flasher but it is nice to be able to customize the screen to get the most out of the unit. I have chart, zoom, and graph all in one screen. Not sure if that is available on th LX6 vs LX7 but i assume it would be the same. To be honest I kind of regretted buying the LX7 with the factory firmware but since the 3.17 update it is awsome.

What made you regret it? was it just the bugs? Or were there other things you didn't like about it?
Just a guess is that he bought it this year which came with a new version as compared to last year and the 3.1 (or was it 3.01?) version was buggy. Now the 3.17 is out and it has resolved most if not all of the issues.

2.9 came out last year for the lx7 and fixed the initial problems, but I believe any unit sold this year came with the new 3.? version which had some problems.

I absolutely love my LX 6. There were some bugs with the dynamic depth feature that were addressed with 3.17 so you shouldn't have to worry about it. I really like the six color option as I feel it really helps me understand what I am seeing.

Joe

What made you regret it? was it just the bugs?

Yeah I was in the exact situation. The 3.01 firmware was fine for the main features, but the new update makes dynamic depth and the little digital number work... and now I don't regret it at all. Without the bells and whistles it was a glorified LX-5 with a large screen (but in all honesty, the large screen is WELL worth the money!)

I am talking about the 7.

Yeah it was the bugs in the dynamic depth that made me think i wasted my money. A guy drops the better part of $700 on one and then it wasn't working right. Marcum came through with the new update and it is night and day compared to the factory unit firmware. I definitely dont regret it anymore.