• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What the .....

This morning on WWN 3am-4:30am channel 5. The top news was how it is OK to stomp on the second amendment and criticize it. On the other hand, they said it is OK that the people released the names and addresses of people who applied for concealed carry permits and we should respect them because they had the right to.

They also had a clip of people crying and saying they don't want to be remembered for there losses but they want to be remembered for being the place where gun control started. If that were the case, why did they all have to be crying to make it in the news clip?

Don't get me wrong. It was tragic and never should have happened. As far as I see it we will have this kind of thing happen as long as our school teach that if someone is disturbing the classroom it is OK to send them out of the classroom (and let them fall through the cracks). Where we could be teaching our children that we have people in our lives that need special care that needs to be addressed. Not all thing are a competition and that helping others out well only make us better in the long run. The person acting up is the one that needs the help! The other classmates seam to be doing just fine without the help. Find out what is wrong and help them out and teach that we should be tolerant of other people. Sending someone from the class is just saying it is OK to brush them aside.

no i believe he is blaming it on a society that pushes the so called trouble maker to the side and doesnt reach out to give the person the help they really need. these shootings dont happen because of a certain type of gun they happen because people are not recieveing the help they need. we as a society need to step back and look at what we have become. better parenting will go along way. look at sandy hill a mother with a mentally disturbed child gave him access to these weapons that is not the guns fault its the parents. hes not blaming education but maybe a lack of it.

As far as I see it we will have this kind of thing happen as long as our school teach that if someone is disturbing the classroom it is OK to send them out of the classroom (and let them fall through the cracks). Where we could be teaching our children that we have people in our lives that need special care that needs to be addressed. Not all thing are a competition and that helping others out well only make us better in the long run. The person acting up is the one that needs the help! The other classmates seam to be doing just fine without the help. Find out what is wrong and help them out and teach that we should be tolerant of other people. Sending someone from the class is just saying it is OK to brush them aside.

Pretty sure he's pointing his finger at the schools.

Quote:
Pretty sure he's pointing his finger at the schools.

No Jabug has it right.

To go along with your way of thinking though. Why do these people keep lashing out at organizations, such as schools and religious groups. By all reasoning these groups should be though as good kind places. The last place you would think this kind of thing would happen. Apparently there is a huge target on these places for some people. And! Why do some people feel that this can't be so. It has to be something else. They think if we get rid of the gun the problem will go away. I'm sorry but being delusional is not the way to address this problem.

Getting all emotional and crying is not the why to go about getting your way. That is something parents should teach right away.

Comit you shouldn't be giving anyone advice on school situations. Lashing out at schools maybe because these sissy's realize they can do a lot of damage in a hurry people their aren't armed, they certainly don't go trying to shoot up an armory or police station, and right or wrong every child has had some issue in school but they can manage it, forgive and forget it, or move past it all the things a mental illness child can't do so well, some yes a few no. Parents can teach it all they want and they should but at some point the child needs to show and prove that he/she "got it". Then puberty hits, then the internet hits, and you're daing right some of these kids must be sent out of the classroom, it's unfortunate, but necessary those other 25 kids in the classroom deserve there teachers time also, that's what teaching is becoming 2-3 kids take up 75% of their time, a paper trail will follow that, school Psych's get the information, schools have student support teams, things are in place and no they won't catch every future violent kid, they tend to not share they have a violent streak in them until it's to late and if they have a beef with bullies or other kids, they realize physically I can't do squat, but with a gun, that can do my talkin and it will at the right place at "my" time. Those mentally ill people are really mentally dead, the ones who harm others violently. I think at my own school we had a happy house it was called but it was for kids who couldn't handle the regular day, our school then was near the top in the state, we didn't have all the distractions that come from kids who can't manage their day, now that teachers are chasing after, tackling kids, filling out referrals, calling, emailing parents, calling the principal, attending student support mtgs, filling out daily observation journals, dealing with labels such as EBD, LD, fetal alcohol, meth children, ADHD,bi-polar,depression, speech students, kids with allergies to food or other, and it's a much longer list, now my old school is failing and failing badly and that is some of the issue, parents also used to say what did my child do and I;m here to help end this, now it's what are you doing to my child. There is no perfect system out there, especially once they leave school altogether, there is no report card for parents, will a girl or has any girls carried out any attacks meaning schools, churches, etc. with gun violence ? Comit 2 how many hours do you volunteer each year at your local schools ? If you want them better than be part of the answer and walk into the office and tell them you want to be part of the PTO or whatever they have there. You can have the job of telling high schoolers you catch with cell phones out at the wrong time of day to put them away or take their cap off, report back their replies.

Musky Buck I'm all for what you are saying.

The thing is the Democratic part gets a lot of money from the anti-gun lobby and they were getting fed up with the Pres, for not doing a thing to ban guns. The Pres, know he wouldn't be reelected if he did this on his first term. So first chance he had after reelection he starts the gun bans. He has nothing to loose. He can blame the house and Senate for them not wanting to loose there job if it doesn't pass.

So, In other words, I don't think anything is going to be done. That is a shame. Then again when didn't our government take the easy way.

So I'll stir up the pot and hope something gets done.

I am from a family of teachers.

Let me show you where I'm coming from.

When I was in high school I was told by the student counselor that "I tested in the top 98% of the state. I could have been higher but some of the scores didn't go any higher." That is with this poor sentence structure and spelling that the spell checker can't help! The counselor said I just need to apply myself. Well when I was in my mid 30's I found out high IQ/under achiever, is the foundation of A,D,D.

From what I saw in the classroom, if you can read the assignment and answer the the Quiz with the answer from the book with good sentence structure and spelling. Your good to go. My daughter was an A/B student all the way through high school but if I asked her what she was studying in history or Social studies the only answer I ever got was, "I don't know". She didn't have to remember it, so she didn't.

My brain doesn't work that way. For an easy example. I was once asked what is the largest island on the north American continent. I said Cuba. I was told I was wrong. Greenland is the largest island. I said, So you are saying that Eric the Red discovered America. The teacher said, "Go to the principals office." All I have to say is you can't have it both ways, it's one or the other. Does the right hand know what the left hand is doing. Obviously not!

Now that is where fishing comes in. I can go out fishing and not have to worry about some lame brain telling I have to do this or that because of some cock-a-mamie out of the the blue reason. If I am doing it right or wrong only the fish can tell me.

Where I work I am the cad-cam department.