• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishing Report around Brookings area

Any one having luck fishing around brookings. My buddies and I have been fishing for a week with nothing to show for it. We have tried almost every lake imaginable but can't find any fish.

Thanks guys and good luck fishing.

Its kind of been a tough year for me around here. Haven't talked to anyone that has been having a real good year either. Fish seem really sporadic and hard for me to pattern this year. The only way I have had any success is setting up shallow during prime time and once that bite is done quietly hole hopping. If 8-12 inch walleyes are your thing, go to west 81, set up anywhere, and you will catch more than you care to. Other than that, I don't really have any help for you, hopefully someone else does.

I haven't been out myself, haven't even drilled a hole yet this year.

The weather has been tough, sounds like things were good last Friday with the pressure changes.

Looks to be the same thing going to happen this week, warm spell and then a front coming in. If I was to plan on going out Friday would be my day.

A few days in a row of stable weather, and fishing lakes with cloudy water has been key for us finding active perch during the day. Haven't targeted walleyes specifically until around 4 pm the days I've been out for walleye. A lot of guys have been doing good on walleyes from 3-5 in the afternoon, but my best walleye bites have been from 6pm to 9pm or later. The cleaner the water, the later in the day the walleye bite seems to be. I've had a few mornings I was on the ice by 7 and limited on walleyes by 8 am too.

Fished a couple of derbys this last weekend. Lake Poinsett/Poinsett Pounders weighed quite a few fish. Fished Willow Lake Lyons Derby on Sat. and it was a little slower but fish were brought to the scale. The wind really got with the program Sat. afternoon.