• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Which electronic caller to purchase

Well my old Johnny Stewart tape player has finally took a dirt nap. With all the new electronic calls out there today which call or calls maybe give one the best bang for the buck an why? I'm not against spending cash but I'm not sure I need a $400 caller (maybe I do).

Foxpro is a nice call. It is the only experience I have. Seems simple to use and sounds good the fox I shot seemed to like it till they fell over.

I have 2 cousins that have the same brand. Between the 3 of us 2spit fire and 2 firestorm

I have a Wildfire II that I picked up after christmas and I love it. The calls come pre-loaded with certain sounds and you have either have Foxpro load additional sounds for you, if you order through them, or you can download additional sounds from their HSOforum. They do have a forum that offers a ridiculous amount of information from experienced hunters as long as the Foxpro staff putting in their recommendations for ideas/problems/solutions.

As far as the difference between a Firestorm and Wildfire II, I'm not sure but I wouldn't be suprised if everything has a little more room to top out at, such as volume range, remote features, call capacity, etc. I wouldn't hesitate buying another Foxpro if mine were to go down but I've got the factory 3 year warranty, plus it's made in the USA!

they have a pile of free sounds to download, and a pile of ones not free... You can buy sounds packs or like 4 8 and 16 i think... its not terribly expensive... most of the ones I put on where free, and one 16 sound pack I believe... usually the difference is in the remotes, speakers and sound quality...