• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bibs....

mnfathead

Has anyone tried the f.f. brand bibs?? lakes and rivers or something like that? I just use my hunting bibs, which while very warm after drilling a dozen holes or so my legs are solid ice from the knees down. The f.f. are on sale this week so i was wondering if they were worth a try, thanks for any info, fathead

Picked a pair up for my wife on friday. She wore them out side on the ice yesterday with a pair of sweats underneath. She said she was very warm to the point of if had more on would have been sweating. So if she isn't complaining then I would say they must be a good buy.

I've had mine two seasons now, bought because so much cheaper than the others and was able to compare side by side to the clam product, not the extreme, at FF. Other than a bunch of pockets to me weren't much different, excellent water repellent and very warm and wind resistant. Only complaint that I have that the clam has a one up on is the FF bibs have a brushed cloth lining that seems to hang up on clothes layered underneath making it a bit difficult to quickly put on and take off. Knees are rubber coated. Went to these because my arctic carharts soaked up water like a sponge, even after soaking them in the spay on water repellent.

FYI....u can get SM setup @ ice show for under $200 which may be much better in material, storage capacity, and knee reinforecement

FYI, this past St Paul River Centre ice show Strikemaster did not have their parka/bibs forsale. Whether there will be such a bargain again is unknown.

You may however be able to find the SM parka/bibs at end season clearance for a good price.