• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best bass spinning reel for $200.00

marineman

I've been looking at spinning reels for bass fishing. I've got a couple of Symetres but I thought I'd go to the next level and purchase a C14 Stradic. Are there other reels in that price range ($200 - $225) that I should consider? I like to Carolina rig with 1/4 - 1/2 oz weight. Will also use this for Texas rigged worms. Thanks for your help.

I'm not really a bass guy, but from the fish I've handled with my Stradic Ci4 I absolutely love it. The drag is silk smooth, it has great line pick up, and it's lightweight design is perfect for effortless casting/pitching for all day use. A couple other reels that would fit the bill and you may want to check out would be the Pflueger Patriarch, the Daiwa Ballistic, and also the Quatum Exo PTi. All of the reels listed are around you're $200 price limit and I'm assuming they all perform very well. Do yourself a favor, go to your local sporting good store and get a feel for all of the reels around that price point and purchase the one that feels best in your hand. Good luck in your search!

Quantum Smoke 2500 or EXO. They are awesome. The Shimano Ci4 is nice too but the handle on the Ci4 was smaller and round. I wasn't very fond of it. I might be able to get you a good price on what you are looking for. Let me know what you decide.

Jason Erlandson

[email protected]

While billed as a "saltwater" reel and that's what I often use it for, I absolutely LOVE my quantum cabo PT that I keep down in Florida. They've been redesigned for 2013 and can only assume they're getting even better. They are as good as it gets for spinning reels, as far as I'm concerned.

When it comes to spinning reels I save my money and go with the $75-$100, and my choice would be either the Shimano Sahara or Symetre. Most people really can't tell a difference between $75-$125 spinning reel, and a $200-$250 spinning reel. They all do pretty much the same thing with maybe an extra bearing or two.

The money I save on spinning reels goes into upgrading my baitcaster purchases, where there is a world of difference between a $100 reel and $250 reel.