• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Strikemaster Honda lite

Colemanvdh123

Great auger, We have about 1,200 holes on ours now with no issues at all, sips gas, runs strong and the oil still looks like new.

Here is the one thing I noticed, they are tight (not broke in) until around 200 holes and then you can set your watch by them, to start for the frist time every day: prime 5-7 times, choke and pull 1-2 times, leave choke on for 10-20 seconds after starting, turn choke off and let run for 20-40 seconds to warm up, drill, and enjoy honda power, reliability!

I wouldn't consider getting one until they fix the throttle cable binding and becoming unhooked issue that some have experienced. I was looking at one at fleet farm and just the few times I worked the throttle the cable came undone.

I would have bought one if I hadn't just bought a strike lite 2 last year. It is an awesome auger. Mine has the Robin engine. However, I love all my other Honda engines so don't know why the Honda lite would be any different. If you are worried about the cable. Just bring a small screwdriver with you. and nothing to worry about.

I bought one this year and it works fine, like said, adjust the slack in the throttle cable and also put a dab of silicone in the slot where the throttle cable conects to the carb. this way it can't disconect by itself. As far as "Plastic gear case, Jiffy does this too.