• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Auger fell over and broke.

otterman91105

Hey everyone, i was up north fishing and my auger was leaning up against something and i bumped it and it fell over and broke. Does anyone know where i can find a service center for strikemaster of hwy 10? The bottom of the gear box cover broke where the drill unit slides into it. Not sure if that helps but any help would be great. It starts and runs fine just wont turn the auger head.

I had an issue with mine, and the place in Big Lake was very helpful.

Not to highjack your thread, but I am curious.

Is this an older model with the aluminum gear case, or one of the newer ones with the plastic gear case? I know that engineering plastics have come a long ways, but I still wonder if they are as strong as metal in the cold.

I found a place in circle pines that will work on it. It is about 14 years old and has always been a good auger till i tipped it over and the gear box broke. Lesson learned that from now on i will lay me auger down to prevent further problems. It has the metal gear box on it.

I've had guys use my auger and when they're done, they set it down on the ground, balancing on one handle, I don't understand why?? Its just waiting to get tipped over, so I have to go set it down on both handles where its definately not going anywhere.

I've had guys use my auger and when they're done, they set it down on the ground, balancing on one handle, I don't understand why?? Its just waiting to get tipped over, so I have to go set it down on both handles where its definately not going anywhere.

The other option is to lay it on the gas tank or bury the hot exhaust in the snow. I lay mine down balanced on one handle. It hasn't fallen over yet.

The worst is to stick them up in the half hole. My brother in law always does this and i told him not to with my auger. He doesn't listen though and one day when I wasn't paying attention my auger got frozen in. It was late ice and warm and there was a little melt action during the day, when the sun went down and it froze, it was stuck. Super stuck. Like I thought I was going to have to take the powerhead and leave the bit. Fortunately we broke it free after about 30 minutes.

He doesn't do that stick it up in the half hole business anymore.