• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What one man flip over?

fishtrap3

I have the Clam Kodiak. Great one man shelter. Its uninsulated, but a little Reflectix fixes that. I can stand up in it, its 6 feet tall inside. It also has a nice deep sled. I looked at all of them and this one is the best IMO. Flip it and go, no poles to collapse...

I am in the same boat, looking for the best one man. I was thinking about the Otter Cottage. I sat in them at a local store. However I want something I can lift in and out of the truck easily. It is a tad heavy and bulky for that. I am leaning towards the Clam Pro TC or Jason Mitchel Pro Thermal. I just don't know which way to go, pro thermal or Thermal Cap.

I moved from an older Fish Trap 1 man without a door to the new Eskimo Wide 1 and I love it so far.

Seems to be designed and built very well. Since its wider in front I can have heater/marcum and fish 2 holes while still able to walk out of the ice house.

Let me know if you have any questions about it.

I am in the same boat, looking for the best one man. I was thinking about the Otter Cottage. I sat in them at a local store. However I want something I can lift in and out of the truck easily. It is a tad heavy and bulky for that. I am leaning towards the Clam Pro TC or Jason Mitchel Pro Thermal. I just don't know which way to go, pro thermal or Thermal Cap.

Cottage is more of a 2 man, I have the wild 1 (same size) and use it for two people more often than not. I also have a clam scout and really like it for hiking if I have to manually pull it. Wish it was a bit wider though, and will probably get rid of it for a clam pro tc or something similar sized. Scout is tough to fish 2 holes in

Also ive noticed on my scout thermal doesn't matter as much since its such a small area, as long as its a newer one with a door that you can bank. I have an old one with no door and most of the time my lantern heats it