• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Strikemaster replacement blades

Tom7227

I have had to push down a bit on my strikemaster electric and so I stopped to buy some sharpened blades. $40 and change. Then I checked and they weren't as sharp feeling as the ones on my rig. To top it off they required that I change them out at the store a I am tempted to buy a new set from the manufacturer and then see if I can touch up the old ones a bit.

Any thoughts?

Tom

I have tried many times over the years to find a way to touch up my blades. I do from time to time but once they are dull, I have not been able to sharpen them like new, just good enough for them to work but I just go out and get a new set.

Unless a person has the right equipment to sharpen them, might as well get new.

Most of the guys resharpining blades should not be doing so wink It takes a pretty keen eye and a steady hand to do it right. I have always had my best luck with a quality steel, like you would use on you kitchen knifes. Even then they only last for so long before they are dull again.

Your best bet is to buy a brand new set.

Does Strikemaster still give us the option to send in our old blades to have it sharpened? I went on Strikemaster.com and I dont see that option listed anymore after Rapala purchased Strikemaster.

No blade exchange is no longer offered...I always had the best luck replacing with new, but gets spendy having to do it every season and still carry an extra set...

I had my dad sharpen some with a tiny detail grinder and they just weren't like new.

Ended up buying a new set.

There is a sharpener service shop

In town I'll try them next time.

My new set of blades were over $80.

like Esox said they no longer do blade exchange. even when they offered it back when they were in Big Lake they DID NOT resharpen the blades people sent in. they gave you brand new blades but the reason for the saving over buying at reatil was they didn't have the cost in a retail clam pack and only the cheaper padded envelope plus they sold the old blades to a scrap dealer and make up some of the money that way.