• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I have done the impossible!

bassfshin24

I think I might have just convinced my wife to let me purchase a side imaging unit. I think I might have had a little stroke when she said ok. Anyway I think I am leaning toward the Humminbird 998c. Where would be the best place to get a good deal on this unit? I've never used a Humminbird but from what I heard its top notch. I am still kind of pondering the HDS-8 with structure scan but I feel like I hear way more about the Humminbird units. I'm sure I couldnt go wrong either way. I would love to get a deal on a unit though and not have to pay full price. If anyone has any info please let me know. What a great day I'm having :-)

I've have only operated with the HDS. I have been told there are more issues with the bird, but I sure they would be great. Its unbelievable what you can see with the scan, you'll love it with either unit. Try finding someone with each and see if you can run their boat. See which one you like before spending that kind of ching.

Go to the Sportsman's Show this weekend! Best place to get the best deal on a new item. Ask for the "Out the Door" special. Go back and forth with all the big name retailers. They hate when you do it, but they all play along! Not unheard of to save a few hundred bucks on that unit. I usually shoot for a 30-40% discount. Usually get it too.

You need to think outside the box. She didn't say you couldn't get a new bassboat, just that you could get new electronics. So, get yourself a new boat with top-end electronics. You didn't technically disobey. When she gets mad, you just have to say, "well you did tell me I could get a new graph, it just happened the graph I got is attached to this boat." There is no way that doesn't work. Its foolproof. Please let us know how it goes.

Haha that's awesome man...congratulations first off!

I have the 998 and linked it to an 800 series (non-si) up front for waypoint sharing. Game changer that is easy to install/use. Can't speak for Lowrance comparison because I've only seen one in action and it was not working properly (I think it was incorrectly installed)

SI is right up there with a recessed tm pedal in terms of increased enjoyment. Having/learning side imaging has significantly changed how I fish and what I catch.