• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone try: Ice Well - Floating Live Well

Saw this item in a Fleet Farm Ad

They have a 7" version and a 9" version. Cost is around 23~ or so

Quote:
Floating Livewell

• Keeps fish fresh - not frozen

• Closed cell foam keeps bag afloat

• Velcro closure

• Convenient carrying straps

• Durable ventilated mesh

• Also keeps live bait fresh

• Great for summer applications

• Collapses for easy storage

• 9" Diameter for a 10" Ice hole

• 7" Diameter for a 8" Ice hole

• 33" Deep

• Fish will NOT pull it down the hole!

full-22855-28686-6321031.jpg

I got one years ago. Yes, it does work and the fish cannot get away. Keeps them alive too.

You will need to add some weight to the bottom of the bag to get it to go down the hole.

I used mine for maybe 2-3 trips and it now sits on a shelf in the shop. Been on the shelf for the past 2-3 years.

Two of my buddies bought them.

They no longer have them..........

One of them had it freeze into the sides of the hole (over night in a wheelhouse). Ended up ripping it to peices getting it out.

My other buddy put way too many fish in it (30-40 crappies) (Wisconsin two person limit is 50). A lot of the fish's fins got stuck in the mesh and he had a heck of a time getting the out........... he was so frustrated mad that he just slit the bag end to end to get them out eek

Both came to the conclusion that these would be best to use in a 10" hole. And would work great if the bottom had a way to open it (zipper/velcro).

When it comes down to it, nothing is easier or as simple as a bucket with some slush or snow in it..... and a lid if they are jumpy smile

I was eyeing them up for years but never pulled the trigger. Looks like a good idea, I have heard a lot of variable reviews on them. I know one thing that used to commonly come up in those reviews were when trying to remove the fish, their fins would always get stuck in the netting, I think this year they added a zipper up the side to help with that issue.

I was eyeing them up for years but never pulled the trigger. Looks like a good idea, I have heard a lot of variable reviews on them. I know one thing that used to commonly come up in those reviews were when trying to remove the fish, their fins would always get stuck in the netting, I think this year they added a zipper up the side to help with that issue.

I agree on the zipper. The way the livewell are set up now, you have take the fish out one at time and head first.

But I love having the fish alive all day and you do not have to hear them flopping in the bucket.

Also, gives the option at the end of the day to release the fish if there are not enough fish to clean.

I use mine quite a bit and its nice when I get home and my catch isn't froze solid. I have the 7" model and have had it filled 3/4 with gills and crappie. Yes it is tough to get to first couple fish out but once they fall through the rest usually come out rather nicely. I'm bummed when I don't bring it. I've had it since they came out.

I was really excited when this first came out, but haven't used mine in a couple years. I agree with the posters that said it works best in a 10" hole. I had one and used it in an 8" hole. If you had more than a couple fish in it they would die because they couldn't move around. Looks like some have had success with the bigger hole though.