• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dealers with wheel houses in stock.

2thepointsetters

I am in the market for a 20' to 25' wheel house that can also be used as a RV in the summer. I hear lots of negative comments about the ice castle brand so I am looking for some other options. I am not ruling Ice Castle out, I would just like to look around.

My wife wants to look at some houses this weekend and I am having a hard time trying to locate dealers with them in stock. I can travel anywhere in MN to check them out. Does anybody have dealer recommendations or brand recommendations?

I don't own or know about them, but on the way north on 169 just past Milaca there is Milica Freight with Ice Castles on west side, and a place with Yetti's on the right side, right in same 1000' span of 169. Good luck!

My wife wants to look at some houses this weekend and I am having a hard time trying to locate dealers with them in stock.

If the wife is willing to look you're half way their!!!!

I like my Ice Castle and bought it at Millca Unclaimed Frieght, they were good to deal with and threw in some extras at a reasonable price.

Coates RV in Forest Lake off 35E has a bunch. 3 years ago my wife also told me she wanted to go look at wheel houses. We bought an Ice Cabin from Coates that very day! I believe you can finance it as an RV so the payments are not too bad. I got the 16' but they have longer toy haulers. Good Luck!

full-678-28675-3_3_11002.jpg

I stopped and looked at the Yetti's north of Brainerd the other day. That looks like a VERY solid and well built house. I also have a friend that can't say too much favorable about his Ice Castle.

How has the salem held up for you?

Any frame issues? How about rusting is it bad like the ice castle or is their paint better?

I am shopping this spring for something larger than my current ice castle...would like better luck with the rust issue also!

Have you checked with Custom Cottages? Or Ice Assault? I'm not sure that either keeps much inventory, but you might be able to see a finished, or under construction house. The RV place on Hwy 10 near St Cloud has a bunch of Lodge & True North houses in stock. Any of those four have substantially better finishing and quality than the Ice Castle.

To each their own I say. I purchased an Ice Castle this summer and couldn't be any happier! I bought the RV Edition and it has everything I want/need to both camp and ice fish. Freshwater tank, holding tank, water hookups, shower, head, AC for the summer months. They pull easy and are an exceptional buy for the money, IMHO! I went with a hydraulic frame from Berkon that is the cat's meow and I'm glad I did!! They might not pass the quality control of a lot of the do-it-yourselfer's who claim they can do a MUCH better job on fit and finish. I'm not saying they can't, I'm just saying my experience with Ice Castle has been nothing short of phenomenal. I'm one of those guys who measure's twice, measure's again and still cuts it wrong. My hats off to the guys that can do it themselves!!

As far as where to go look, Hilmerson RV just north of Little Falls sells Ice Lodge made by Forest River. They also sell Team Lodge which a lot of people have raved about. From what I understand, the Team Lodge's are a little on the spendy side of things. Right next to Hilmerson's on the south side is an Ice Castle dealer. Like previously stated, Yetti has a dealership in Milaca and also in Brainerd.

Best wishes in your search.

How has the salem held up for you?

Any frame issues? How about rusting is it bad like the ice castle or is their paint better?

I am shopping this spring for something larger than my current ice castle...would like better luck with the rust issue also!

No problems with rust and it pulls like a dream behind my F250. The only issue I have heard is that the pivot tubes on the lift axles can get sticky. There is a grease zirk for this and if you give it a squirt once in awhile I have had no problems. Going on my 4th year with this one.

I have seen pictures of the ice assault and I really like them but the company that manufactures them doesn't answer the phone or return calls. I didn't know there was a sportsmans show this weekend, hopefully there is a few there.

Interesting. That has not been my experience at all, but certainly is frustrating. Maybe try an email, if you haven't done so already. Sometimes it's easier to respond via email or text at down-times.

Hey 2thepoint I am in the same boat as nisswa I also purchased a 2013 8x17' RV edition (unfortunately not hydraulic jealous!) and granted I have only had it for 5 months and had it out once the one time I did have it out it pulled great and I have had no problems. The all cedar inside (not paneling in 2013's) is awesome and smells great. The windows I definitely wish they put the flashing around them, the cauk bugs the $hit out of me (ugly)! I also had to make sure the ol' lady was on board (thus the reason for the RV edition :)). You can finance the Ice Castle for up to 10 years if you go to Milaca (where I went). Milaca literally has about 50-75 different units the guys that work there are nice and they will beat any price out there. Not only that but the unclaimed freight store is pretty sweet to browse also. I looked at the Yettis and the Ice cabin. Yettis are nice but they are spendy.

I am in the market for a 20' to 25' wheel house that can also be used as a RV in the summer. I hear lots of negative comments about the ice castle brand so I am looking for some other options. I am not ruling Ice Castle out, I would just like to look around.

My wife wants to look at some houses this weekend and I am having a hard time trying to locate dealers with them in stock. I can travel anywhere in MN to check them out. Does anybody have dealer recommendations or brand recommendations?

Hilmerson RV in Little Falls has the Lodge also South Side Marine in Waseca handles Lodge also the advertised on here a couple weeks ago. I have a lodge and they are well built.

If you haven't recently looked at an Ice Castle take a look. They have continuously been improving. I also have one with a Berkon (hydraulic) frame and love it, no paint problems. I understand they will soon build their 10,000th fishhouse. So they must be doing something right!!!