• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Marcum flasher firmware 3.17 is up for download

fisherman-andy

I suppose it depends on how deep you are fishing and what lures you are using.

Nothing different then before. up to 60 feet, using anything from tungsten jigs to 5/16 jigging spoons.

I've been using my lx7 since early last winter, and definitely no difference in sensitivity settings here.

Otherwise the update is great. The only thing I noticed is on the vertical graph, the depth numbers will cause the red bottom reading to flicker behind it. Just cosmetical, but annoying still.

Also, I wish the vertical zoom would use dynamic depth as well. Annoying to constantly be changing the zoom depth. I guess I'm spoiled already with dynamic depth now that it is working more properly!

Dude you havent gotten out enough yet to different lakes. Once you do you will notice the difference and have to set higher sensitivity gains. You wait and see. Plus target ID is now usable.

I guess I don't have as much time to fish as you. But I don't really see why different lakes should cause me to use different sensitivity readings. Even using it on Gull in 60ft of water with the lures I usually use, no change in sensitivity needed.

Target ID never really did much for me anyways. I usually set sensitivity as low as possible to have my lure be blue, and even just to flicker blue is fine. Using ROYGBIV is much better as James Holst mentioned on his site.

And if I have to up the sens no big deal. I was just stating I have not had to up the gain, and wondering if anyone else has had the same experience.

At least I didn't update with the wrong update file and have flickering issues lol. Did those guys ever fix the issue or did they have to send it into Marcum?

And if I have to up the sens no big deal. I was just stating I have not had to up the gain, and wondering if anyone else has had the same experience.

At least I didn't update with the wrong update file and have flickering issues lol. Did those guys ever fix the issue or did they have to send it into Marcum?

Funny part is all 3 of them used the wrong file. And this was after I had told all 3 of them to make sure they use and download the correct file. eek

Two was able to re-update with the correct one while one had to take his in to Marcum cause it wouldnt update, I think he tried to downgrade and bricked it. In part all 3 units are working just fine as should now.

just downloaded the new 3.17

i havnt used it on the ice yet.but when i put it on the simulator mode and then switch it to dynamic mode. still gets that blocky look at the bottom of the screen. anyone else have this in simulator mode

Yep, still had it in simulator, but pretty much non-existent when out on the ice.

My LX7 was running perfectly before the latest update now I see the blocky triangle on the flasher screen I'm getting more interference than I was so those are downers but the target adjust and gain are working more like they should (more control). Honestly if I could I would go back to the last version only because it was totally dialed in and I was comfortable with it. Am I saying the new version is bad NO but just saying I was more comfortable with last version.

Any chance you updated with the wrong file? Many have used the wrong file to upgrade and are having some issues. There are two different files to upgrade to 3.17. One if you were at 2.9 or older and the other if you have 3.01.

Nope I did check that.....I was at 2.9 because I had an original unit with one update last year. The 3.01 came out wit this years models on the release of the LX9.

Funny. Am I the only who does not have to turn up the sensitivity after the update? Running an LX7 on 3.17 now. Still using sens 2 or 3

Whitebassman - I'm thinking you might have the same problem I had with my Lx7. It worked well with the gain set at 2 or 3 running 2.9, but was super noise prone and erratic on higher settings. After updating to 3.17 it ran a wee bit better but I could really only bump it up to 4 maybe 5 in most situations, and it still was terribly noise prone at gain settings over 5.

Well I tried a new ducer and it runs great now, for some reason the original ducer was inputting an overly hot signal with crappy fidelity to the head unit. The new ducer allows my unit to display crazy tight lines, but requires the units gain to be pushed to almost 10 to look like the old ducers 3 running under the same 3.17 update.

I would contact Marcum and have them test your ducer, or try a different one if possible. I've been a little salty and biting my tongue about my lx7. I've had bad ducers that displayed weak, never had one that was too hot.

Whitebassman - I'm thinking you might have the same problem I had with my Lx7. It worked well with the gain set at 2 or 3 running 2.9, but was super noise prone and erratic on higher settings. After updating to 3.17 it ran a wee bit better but I could really only bump it up to 4 maybe 5 in most situations, and it still was terribly noise prone at gain settings over 5.

Well I tried a new ducer and it runs great now, for some reason the original ducer was inputting an overly hot signal with crappy fidelity to the head unit. The new ducer allows my unit to display crazy tight lines, but requires the units gain to be pushed to almost 10 to look like the old ducers 3 running under the same 3.17 update.

I would contact Marcum and have them test your ducer, or try a different one if possible. I've been a little salty and biting my tongue about my lx7. I've had bad ducers that displayed weak, never had one that was too hot.

Wow Thanks!

Yes I noticed today that my lines are thicker than they probably should be at sensitivity of 2-3. And thats a small ratso with a waxie. I caught a small perch that was no longer than my pinkie and it displayed a big mark.

I'll contact them. Need a new arm now too as mine broke.

Is anyone having issues with the auto zoom after the update? I was out for the second time since updating to 3.17, and for the life of me I can not get the auto zoom to work. Tried auto, dynamic, and manual depth scales. Tried adjusting ping rates, and everything I could think of.

I also felt that my lure mark is way wide compared to my LX-5. Tried different color palletes for this, no change. Haven't tried the ducer from my 5 yet, but may try it. Found it really tough to make any difference even with changing sensitivity and target id settings.