• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Adobe Cs2 is free now from Adobe Website

Like many old things, eventually they get discarded or thrown out, but to some people who do not have one of the famed Photoshop editions, now you can for a limited time get it free from ADOBE. It is 100% legal, no strings attached, nothing to sign, just click on the link for your particualr computer medium wether it be a PC or MaC and download the files. The serial number is to the right of the software.

Paul

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html Free Adobe CS2 from Adobe.com

I used CS2 for a couple of years. It helps if you have experience with Elements, you will find many similarities. But I can assure you the learning curve is steep when you make the jump, but it is also VERY worth it. It is free, you have nothing to lose but some hard drive space and a bunch of your time finding your way around the program. There are a number of changes to the newer versions but if you get familiar with using it if you step up to a newer version you will be way ahead.

If you do very little along the lines of editing Elements or similar programs will serve you well. If you want to take a step up and explore more advanced capabilities it might be worth your time to play around with it.

Quote:
If you do very little along the lines of editing Elements or similar programs will serve you well. If you want to take a step up and explore more advanced capabilities it might be worth your time to play around with it.

+1

Some clarification... this isn't exactly a "free copy of photoshop" with no strings if you don't already own photoshop...

Sorry for getting your hopes up and adding to the confusion.

——————————-

You are only legally entitled to download and install with that serial number if you have a valid license to the product!

If you have a digital creative streak but your budget doesn’t extend far enough to buy Adobe’s Creative Suite applications, this is for you. Adobe have made available an array of applications from its Creative Suite 2 bundle — for free.

Along with the ever-popular Photoshop CS2 are applications such as Premiere Pro CS2, InDesign CS2, and Illustrator CS2. If you want the whole bundle, the entire Creative Suite 2 is also available for download.

CS2 is not new by any standards — it was first released in April 2005 — but it’s still a fantastic offer and capable of some serious work. And when the cost is just the time it takes to download it, it’s a real bargain.

Download available here, with Windows and OS X versions available.

Link to the article

I was able to download it as well.(Thanks to Paul for the Info on this) I do have a copy of Elements on my computer but did not see where the download may have looked for it. CS2 seems to open and function just fine. I used the serial number just as Paul said in his post.

They may not have intended to give it away, but that's what they did, and are still doing, it's still available today.

Nothing on Adobes web page says you have to buy a serial number, nothing in the download says it, nothing in the install says it, during the install it says the product can be used by anyone who has "obtained" a serial number from Adobe, not purchased, not bought, obtained - I'm sure in a court of law that difference would be significant. They released a version of their software that doesn't require activation, and gave away the serial number to make it work.

They may not want people to use it for free, but now they have absolutely no way to prevent it, and really no reasonable way for people to know they aren't supposed to use these older versions for free when Adobe didn't bother to put that information on the download page. They could have had a popup people had to accept before downloading saying "you must have a paid version <blah blah blah>", but they didn't.

I think they would have an awful hard time convincing a judge or jury they didn't give it away.