• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2012 Vikings draft and off season?

countyline

Just curious, this is a passing league right now, right. The Vikes are set up for the run, Peterson will be the focal point for the next couple of yrs. Ponder is considered a game manager, not a passing superstar. Why do we think that these elite free agent receivers want to come to Minny? If indeed the Vikes want one IMO they will need to overpay to entice them to come here.

Overpaying for a rcvr that will not really reach his potential will damage the team in the long run. Better to draft one and spend on the D line or lbr.

Just curious, this is a passing league right now, right. The Vikes are set up for the run, Peterson will be the focal point for the next couple of yrs. Ponder is considered a game manager, not a passing superstar. Why do we think that these elite free agent receivers want to come to Minny? If indeed the Vikes want one IMO they will need to overpay to entice them to come here.

Overpaying for a rcvr that will not really reach his potential will damage the team in the long run. Better to draft one and spend on the D line or lbr.

I agree!

If Flynn is available, take a look. Ponder would be great backup to Flynn. Draft defense early rounds and keep drafting young studs on D-fense. Replace offensive players from FA- most offensive players are more field ready after 2-3 yrs in the league.

Flynn? What has he ever shown that he has that is better then Ponder? He is over paid, and hasnt proven anything.

I see Flynn, to be a Ponder twin. They both have minimal arm strength, but Ponder has more experience playing.

Ponder is Leslie's guy, thats not going to change..... cry I don't care if he has had a couple decent games that can be accomplished with the best running back in football. He has played in plenty of games and his skill level seems obvious.

Look at some of these rookies this year, Ponder is not even in the same league as these other QB's. Apparently they are content with mediocrity.

You can't knock Harrison Smith especially for his rookie season 2 pics for TDs...He is what you ask for in a safety, he stops the run he is in the right spots on the deep balls, remember last year how many deep balls we gave up, this year i bet that was cut to a quarter of what it was last yr...Why you ask sure as hell wasn't cause Sanford got better HA...He's going to be a pro bowler real soon...As far as Alex Smith I never liked him, but we don't need a GREAT qb we just need a game manager (which ponder is when he plays good) and thats all alex smith is in San Fran..The vikes are similiar to the 49ers, good D and good running game, except we have a monster running our ball...If ponder plays to his potential I'm excited for next year...

Ponder...........there's always 1 wheel on the vikings bus that seems to be missing or flat. Good D no O no D great O coaches and love boats and stuff, Ponder..........well we saw what Joe Webb did with our stash of excellent WR's, seems the future HOF qb's can turn a lemon WR into a phenom but rare is the case with other QB's. We need to focus really in our own division in getting the upper hand on GB, Chicago and Detroit with luck and scheduling luck and draft next year could give the division some trouble again who knows, but we need to get ahold of GB or we aint going anywhere anyway, the gang drafted nicely last year can we get back to back solid drafts, I hope so.

Yes, Flynn is a backup and Ponder plays like a backup at times too, but it would make no sense to draft another 1st rd QB either. Not sure what other veteran QB's available and Smith from San Fran would just be a bad move. Draft defense with a big play WR early as the exception. Another O-tackle to backup the ones we have would not hurt either, but not with an early pick. Allen, Williams, Winfield are aging with Greenway, Robison and Henderson not that much younger either.