• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

computer fan?

NKLCOLT1911

Biggest computer fan you can purchase is 140mm. I would assume a cheap Vex battery should run the fan? Without doing much research I can't test / confirm this claim smile

Check into the fan power requirements. Amazon / newegg should have what you need.

Most 80mm fans that push any decent amount of air will be noisy as well. Look for a 120mm or 140mm. They will run on 12v and sometimes as low as 7v or 5v. You can add resistors to your connection with the vex style battery to run lower voltage and lower speed if you like. Or set up a rheostat for a knob you can turn.

Newegg.com or amazon.com

Just type in 120mm fan or 140mm fan as a search term.

I hooked a few up last night to my vex battery after rummaging thru a bin. I had a sunon 80mm hooked up and it was a tornado, but it moved some serious air.

22-28decibles is a quiet noise range.

92mm or 120mm is the best i think, and one will not be sufficient. Get two at minimum.