• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Coating on Inside of Otter Portable

Blackhawkxp

Due to wear and tear on my Otter Portable i have quite a few spots on my canvas where the light shines through the shell. The shell is not ripped but it is like the black coating has wore off. Is there a product that a guy can use to touch up these spots?

Is there a certain way I should be taking the house down to minimize the damage? I have found that the house does sweat pretty bad when there is no wind and the ice does accumulate on the shell. I usually try to be pretty careful to tuck everything in a delicately as I can.

I redid my clam Yukon this summer... Same thing, pinholes, fabric starting to show light. Clam recommended locktite color guard, available in aerosol can or roll on. Home Depot carries it. It took six aerosol cans to do the walls and front door, as I have reflectix on the ceiling and down the back. What a difference.... Much warmer as its now windproof again. Just don't hotbox yourself like I did in the summer heat!

I have been thinking of spraying the inside of my wild lodge with plastidip, i cant believe how rough it looks from the inside its only a year old. You have probably heard of plastidip, its a rubberized spray paint. On hard surfaces it is removable but not so sure on fabric. I painted the wheels on my truck with it and have been in-pressed so far. I also used it on the front of my bibs to water proof them, witch seems to be working good. i get it at men ards its about $6 or $7 a can if i remember correctly.