• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice fishing on Grand Lake

Got out on Grand Lake for a few hours today and didn't do so hot. I got a couple perch and Jim caught a nice sunny and a crappie. I haven't been out yet this year! I usually like to fish in my own house but since we were only going to be out for a bit (and Jim promised to put the heat on in the Otter) we fished together in Jim's house. Great first trip out and back in time for the game. SKOL Vikings! Got to see some other HSOers-Gary(ripstick), Randy(loonasea) and Mark with his daughter Rachel. Hopefully everyone's been able to get out and enjoy a fun relaxing day on the lake.

Good to hear you finally got out ice fishing. I have been down with the flu for 2 weeks, and December was pretty much shot with my husbands health problems. I am planning on heading to Red on Thursday. Jim caught the crud from me, so he will be staying home. The Yellow Submarine will be making it's 2013 maiden voyage. laugh

I'm home today with the crud too. Lots of coughing, fever and sinus congestion. Glad you're finally coming out of it-hopefully Jim won't have it too long and you'll be back in action.

Good luck on Red! I've been reading the reports-people are catching like crazy up there!

Great to see all of you out there Lisa. Rach got a case of the crankies and I pulled the pin a little early. We caught some gills, but all were small. That lake is becoming a zoo. Lot's of people, noise. I think it may be affecting the bite. Glad to hear you are feeling better. Lot's of sick people around. Enjoy the weekend. BC

Never made it to Red, evidently I passed a kidney stone late Tuesday afternoon. Scared the bejeezers out of me. Wow, what pain, had to call the doctors and got an appointment on Friday. He is giving me the okay to go, but I am a little leery with the bitter cold coming up. My doctor said this is the worst year he has seen in a long time for flu and upper respiratory infections in a long time.

Kidney stones!? What in the world?! Not fun and definitely painful.

It always seems something breaks or breaks down when it's super cold when you're on the ice. Although I think I'd take the cold over wind any day of the week. I'm going to try to get out this weekend. I know my buddy Tristin is going out locally. That might be an option. Hopefully by the weekend you'll get up to Red, Barb. Get that Yetti rolling!

I didn't go in so I'm not sure what I had. I just figured that if it's the flu, I better just stay home as to not spread it to anyone else. Several of my coworkers were out with influenza though. Sure is ishy stuff!