• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2004 Chevy Silverado Turn Signals Erratic

On my truck the left turn signal sometimes doesn't flash, the arrow just stays lit, and sometimes the right one flashes about twice as fast as normal. What part do I need to replace? On previous vehicles I have replace the flasher module but don't know if it is the same on this vehicle.

The first thing I would check is if all of the bulbs for the front and rear signal lights work properly at the times when these things occur. Make sure if there is more than one bulb in the housing (on that circuit) that are they both working, are normal brightness and nothing is blinking that isnt supposed to be.

Even one bulb not working, or a bad ground in a connector or socket can affect the flasher operation.

Check all the bulbs. Sounds like there is a bulb out somewhere. If all the bulbs are good you will need to replace the flasher assembly

+1 I had the same issue on my 04. Bulbs were all good so I replaced the flasher assembly and that took care of it.

I had not quite the same problem but very similar, was told I had a myriad of electrical maladies. bottom line

if it is not a bulb change the flasher. I spent to much time testing grounds etc. The trucks too new for ground problem, so try the easy stuff first.

HTB

I have not replaced the flasher yet. I found another light out. I removed it and couldn't see the filament broken so I put it back in and it worked. There was a lot of dust in the back of this rear light housing from North Dakota dusty roads. I'll keep an eye on it.