• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Strikemaster Solo Warranty

gonehunting

A week ago I posted that I was having troubles with my Lazer Pro Idling between holes. It started great but once warm would flood out. In short I took to an authorized strikemaster repair place. Just realized tonight there is a two year warranty on my Solo motor. I use amsoil saber 50:1 and do all the proper maintenance. Is there any reason my work shouldn't be covered by warranty? I store my auger just as the manual states also. I will call SM tomorrow but found reciept tonight and had registered the auger when I bought it. Crossing my fingers it will be covered. They could not get it to come into adjustment so they are replacing the carb. The carb costs about as much as a rebuild kit. Total will be about $75 with labor. I was worried that running super unleaded gas and 50:1 may have caused issue. It is non-ethanol fuel.

Isn't there something saying if you use synthetics with their augers your warranty is void? Or was that just with the older Tecumseh motors.

I brought my Lazer in, for an idle concern when it was new, and he asked what oil I was using, I told him Amsoil, he told me should change my answer, and he will ask again, or the repair wouldnt be covered under warranty. So I quickly came up with OE oil of course smile

When the Solo's first came out I had one that quit running for no apparent reason. I live in Rochester so on my day off I took it to big lake for there walk in service. I was totally prepared to be embarrassed thinking it was something simple I overlooked and they would fix it in a moment. Much to my surprise they couldn't get it running, I was using the Strikemaster oil and non oxy gas, for some reason it just died.

While I was standing and chatting with the worker he stated he used the Stikemaster oil but felt the amsoil product was good and never mentioned anything about voiding of warranty. Since they couldn't get mine running he went over to the shelf and grabbed a new powerhead for me and made my warranty active from that day. There service was top notch, I believe your going to be impressed with them.

I called Strikemaster when I purchased the auger and they said that as long as I ran a 50:1 Saber oil mixture the warranty would not be void. Left a message today but no return call yet. Reading the solo warranty I found out it does not cover carb adjustments but because they have to replace the carb to get it to run correctly I'm hoping it will be covered.