• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Note to [silly-me] self:

cavalierowner

NEVER try to break a chunk of ice off the blade of an auger even when wearing gloves!! I cut myself pretty good this morning. I didn't even notice I had cut myself because my hands were a little cold; all of a sudden I see something on the floor and it's blood. So a little electricians tape and some kleenex, and I'm back to fishing. As they say: any fishing trip with just minor injuries is a good trip!

My boss cut the tip of his finger off several years ago in the shop at his house. I went in the next day and his wife came out pleading with me to get him to go to the doctor because he had it wrapped in duck tape after almost blacking out. After talking him into going I went to look on the shop floor and there it was........the tip of his finger with finger nail and all. Needless to say he's got one finger a bit shorter than the rest.

My wife thinks I am accident prone. I personally think I just live on the dangerous side of life! grin I cut myself with the auger blade AND my filet knife last year!

On a side note and a point of safety, I never go on a fishing trip without my cut-proof mesh glove. I have seen more than one fisherman filet his hand along with the fish! Tossing in the mesh glove is just as easy as a box of Band-Aids and a whole lot cheaper than a visit to the local ER for some fancy needle work!

Note to self, never put the new generator I got for chistmas behind the suburban with the expectation of havein someone help load it, an get distracted an forget its there, then remeber its there by backing over it. mad

Note to self, never put the new generator I got for chistmas behind the suburban with the expectation of havein someone help load it, an get distracted an forget its there, then remeber its there by backing over it. mad

Been there done that...feel your pain