• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lambau Field announcement!

Finlander

They are not serving alcahol after the beggining of the 3rd qtr. Usually it is the the end of the 3rd quarter. They are concerned about drunk people fighting, being it is a rivalry, and it has a fresh loss to the home team by the visitors.

Quote:
GREEN BAY, Wis. — The Green Bay Packers are taking extra precaution to help make sure fans at Lambeau Field adhere to the stadium's code of conduct for Saturday night's playoff game.

The biggest change from normal stadium policy will be that alcohol sales will cease at the beginning of the third quarter, as opposed to the customary practice of ending alcohol sales at the end of the third quarter.

In an email, the Packers explained that the "unique circumstances" of the game – it being a wild-card playoff game against the division rival Minnesota Vikings on a Saturday at 8 p.m. ET – was the reason for the change.

"Packers fans, in general, provide an exciting, enjoyable environment at Lambeau Field, and we're expecting that again Saturday night," said Doug Collins, the Packers' director of corporate security/risk management. "Night games previously have presented us with more challenges than normal with regard to inappropriate behavior. We are asking fans to enjoy the game responsibly and also help us out by reporting poor conduct to stadium and law enforcement personnel, either in person, or by text at the number posted in the stadium.

"The vast majority of our fans – 99 percent – follow the code of conduct, and we appreciate that. Those that don't will be addressed so that others may continue to enjoy the game. We want to provide the best experience for everyone who attends."

The Packers are also recommending that fans enter the stadium gates early, with enhanced security screening measures remaining in place.

It will be the second time the two teams meet in as many weeks. Minnesota beat Green Bay 37-34 last Sunday on a late field goal to make the playoffs.

I have been to many games in Packerville, and I have not encountered anymore then some friendly words exchanged, just to egg things on. Other then a couple times after the games, walking past some of the local bars, you will get a few loudmouths trying to start something with you because you are wearing purple. But if you take it as it is, just a drunk cheesehead showing off his intelligence, and walk away, I wouldnt forsee any problems.

I have been to many games in Packerville, and I have not encountered anymore then some friendly words exchanged, just to egg things on. Other then a couple times after the games, walking past some of the local bars, you will get a few loudmouths trying to start something with you because you are wearing purple. But if you take it as it is, just a drunk cheesehead showing off his intelligence, and walk away, I wouldnt forsee any problems.

If I recall correctly, wasn't there a Purple Kool aid drinker at the last game at Lambeau wearing a Sombrero hat starting fights?!!!

No doubt it goes both ways RiverFish. I have seen the same stuff at the Dome from the Viking fans. To be honest, being at a night game in Chicago scared me more then any game I have been too.

Only thing i could imagine scarier is a night game in Oakland... eek

I thought any self respecting Packer fan was more than able to smuggle in a couple "bumps" under all those layers of warm clothing! grin

They pat you down before you go in. I am not saying you couldnt get by with it, but they found my bottle.

They pat you down before you go in. I am not saying you couldnt get by with it, but they found my bottle.
Use the old college trick. Double up a few zip lock bags and shover down the front of your pants. I know they pat you down, but not down there to much! whistle