• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

That's great as the deer should be in good shape for this time of the winter. Should be no issues with overbrowsing and they should be good just incase we get some heavy snow before winter. Coyotes will have a hard time chasing them down with a lack of snow for ground cover.

Hi Tom,

The last time I was down that way I'd guess there was maybe an average of 3 or 4 inches on the ground. I don't think it's snowed any significant amount there since, so things are looking good right now. I'd sure love to not run the snowblower for a long time- it'd be good for both me and the deer!

Yes, definitely good news. Like you've said- I'm sure the size of the bucks will keep on bouncing back over the next year or two, as long as we keep the easy Winter rolling along.

We didn't cut a turkey track or see a single turkey. Just like you mentioned, I have no idea where those things go this time of year, but we looked East, West, and North and didn't see a bird. Oh well, it was fun to get out and run some cold air through our lungs. We saw a decent number of deer, which was also a good sign.

Thanks again for letting us go out there. With any luck we'll be able to go back out again this Spring and find a bird. I bet they'll be a whole lot easier to find then.

As of right now.....there isn't much snow in the southern half of the state.We have 3 inches or so on the ground here.The most snow is north of HWY 2......6-10 inches.

Bone chilling cold on the way.Supposed to get down to -25 on Monday morning.